Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The real depth of the swamp...   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started Oct-20 by WALTER784; 1147 views.
Showtalk
Host

Oct-20

Both were horrible.  

WALTER784

Oct-20

According to a report by Fox News’s Alex Pfeiffer and Adam Shaw, Ngoy originally arrived in the U.S. on an F-1 student visa in 2012. By 2015, though, Ngoy’s visa was terminated and he began living as an illegal alien after failing to self-deport.

So he should have been deported when his 2015 visa expired.

But then your article said:

>>>He pleaded guilty to the sexual abuse charge in 2017 in Washington, DC, and received 120 days in jail for it. Following that stint, he was placed in immigration detention in January 2018. Ngoy was never deported because he was granted a “withholding of removal” by a judge in March of 2019 after an appeals board found that his sexual abuse charge was not a “serious crime.”<<<

120 days for sexual abuse is too short if you ask me. The person he sexually abused will have to live with that for the rest of her life.

He should have been immediately deported the day he was released from jail instead of being placed in immigration detention.

And the D.C. judge who granted the "withholding from removal" should be removed from the bar and forced to serve 200 hours of community service where he will be forced to sit and listen to raped woman after woman after woman after woman explain to him how serious of a crime sexual abuse really is. And if you cannot find enough women for the full 200 hours, then have some of them come back and repeat their story until he's heard the full 200 hours. 5 days a week Mon-Fri from 9AM ~ 5PM with only 1 hour for lunch.

But what I just couldn't believe was that there were 10 people watching him in the act and did absolutely nothing to help the woman... they just filmed it with their phones. 10 people and not a single one came to her rescue. That's pathetic!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Oct-21

Yes it is pathetic, unless they were all women and could not physically stop him. Still, ten people could have raised a huge alarm.  Maybe they were all undocumented and didn’t want to talk to the police. Maybe they were criminals themselves. Or they were all anti police. Without more details, who knows?  

Showtalk
Host

Oct-21

This article gives more possible scenarios and explains why people don’t act. Even worse, it almost excuses them.

WALTER784

Oct-21

Showtalk said...

Still, ten people could have raised a huge alarm.  Maybe they were all undocumented and didn’t want to talk to the police. Maybe they were criminals themselves. Or they were all anti police. Without more details, who knows?

Well, this is America... and they all had phones in their hands filming... but nobody was calling 911.

No more details are necessary. Nobody seemed to give a s##t!!! And that is unsettling to me!

FWIW

WALTER784

Oct-21

Showtalk said...

This article gives more possible scenarios and explains why people don’t act. Even worse, it almost excuses them.

First of all... this article DOES NOT excuse them.

Had they called 911 instead of video recording the incident... they wouldn't be charged with anything.

It's the matter of fact that they DID NOT call 911 and just recorded the incident that might put them in jeopardy! (i.e. Their lack of conscience and common sense has placed them in jeopardy!)

And that... doesn't even begin to explain why they didn't call and instead decided to video it.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Oct-21

No, because PA does not have a Good Samaritan law.  It was toward the end of the article,

Showtalk
Host

Oct-21

Yes, same as what I posted before I saw yours.  As long as the rapist gets put away for a long time, that is the best they can do.

Jeri (azpaints)

Oct-21

I know some states do have charges that might fit with charging those who videotaped the rape.  Crs but I think it's like "depraved indifference".