Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Facebook Suppressed Breitbart News Traff   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started 10/26/21 by WALTER784; 4156 views.
Showtalk
Host

10/27/21

They also sell info on your interests to advertiser. You can’t escape that.

Jeri (azpaints)

10/27/21

Not if I don't click on links...

Showtalk
Host

10/27/21

I viewed some thing and later found ads to those same things in email. 

Jeri (azpaints)

10/27/21

I had that happen when I first used FB.  But now I just visit friends pages, organizations I'm a member of, like horse associations.

WALTER784

10/28/21

Showtalk said...

There are more active sites than Breitbart. Why focus on that one?

I have absolutely no idea. You would have to ask those Triggered Leftist Facebook Employees!

Maybe the content on Breitbart went against more of their narrative than other more active sites.

Edited to add: [Maybe banning Breitbart's info caused them more overtime?]

FWIW

• Edited October 28, 2021 12:51 am  by  WALTER784
WALTER784

10/28/21

Showtalk said...

Apple respects user privacy.  Facebook doesn’t. They want everything under their control and life doesn’t work that way.

Yes, but it's interesting that Facebook would go after Apple and blame them for loss of sales.

One would think the GAFA (as they're referred to here in Japan)... that's Google, Apple, Facebook, Amazon wouldn't publicly go after each other like that.

FWIW

WALTER784

10/28/21

Jeri (azpaints) said...

You do realize that it is totally possible to use FB and not click on any ads! Links, political articles. Etc?  I use FB all the time and I seldom click in their links.

No I didn't realize that because I don't have a Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TicToc, Line or any other SNS platform account.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

10/28/21

Zuckerberg is shameless.

WALTER784

10/28/21

Well... I think that all big tech companies need to have their Section 230 status removed... they're hiding behind that protection curtain now and it should be removed.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

10/31/21

I agree. Then they can do what they want within any restrictions