Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Merrick Garland exposed by whistleblower   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started 11/17/21 by WALTER784; 975 views.
WALTER784

11/17/21

Garland seems to be a puppet for whatever the WH wants him to do which is quite dangerous for America in his position.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

11/17/21

A Supreme Court Justice, beyond ideology, must be brilliant about the law and able to track many moving pieces at once. He isn’t doing that. Is it because he’s unable or because he doesn’t want to.  Not knowing what one’s staff is doing in his own name is troublesome if that is all it is. Apparently, though, he has to sign off on it, so there is no way he didn’t know.

WALTER784

11/17/21

Then it's the worst scenario!

FWIW

Jeri (azpaints)

11/17/21

Just a note, he is not a SCOTUS jurist.  Whose job is to run the DOJ, a different kettle of fish.

Showtalk
Host

11/17/21

But he was up for SCOTUS and was presented as an eminently qualified jurist.  He doesn’t appear to be all that good at what he’s doing.

Jeri (azpaints)

11/17/21

There is a difference in mind set and skills needed for analysis of constitutional law and office organization.  I'm not sure he's the right fit, but I do think there is a bit of a rush to judgement here.  He didn't get the job until 3-11.  

Showtalk
Host

11/17/21

Again, he should have been able to answer the questions asked of him and he either could not or would not. The fact that he has no answers for simple, specific direct questions is suspicious. 

Jeri (azpaints)

11/17/21

I wasn't commenting on his congressional hearing.  I was discussing his current actual performance.

Showtalk
Host

11/17/21

He’s had the job since March? Plenty of time to know what is going on.

Jeri (azpaints)

11/17/21

And as I said, I'm not sure he is the right choice.