Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Have you received a Covid 19 booster shot?   The Healthy You: Health and Fitness Polls

Started 11/19/21 by Showtalk; 2504 views.
The_Rock (JABRONI256)

11/19/21

My second shot was June 28th so I'll be eligible in February, getting it the day I qualify, I have to take transit and the University is upping to nearly 100% capacity in the new year, so while most students will be double or triple vaxxed it still doesn't preclude the possibility of Covid ravaging campus.

Showtalk
Host

11/19/21

So your university is not doing distance learning after Jan 1?  As usual the process here is very complex and ridiculously simple at the same time. If you go to Costco you can get a same day booster. However, if 50 people are waiting you would have to drive back.  If you want to use a local pharmacy you have to sign up in advance but when I tried to do that, all the appointments were for today and most were taken. They aren’t set up to make an appointment in advance.  As an example, if I checked at 5 minutes before noon and the only free appointment is at noon, I can’t even get there in time.  

The_Rock (JABRONI256)

11/19/21

Showtalk said:

So your university is not doing distance learning after Jan 1?

So far no, that could all change in an instant though, they've changed course several times over the pandemic.

Showtalk said:

They aren’t set up to make an appointment in advance.  As an example, if I checked at 5 minutes before noon and the only free appointment is at noon, I can’t even get there in time.  

Here's it's easy, our pharmacy system is set up to get people what they need, and now we don't need supersites so it's really simple and easy to book and get in for a shot. 

Showtalk
Host

11/19/21

You are lucky. Here each pharmacy company has their own schedule but we can’t just show up and make an appointment. It must be done online. I may just take my chances on a long wait at Costco.

Alfi (THIALFI)

11/19/21

Other. I'm not sure I'll get one, but if I do it will be in 2022.

Showtalk
Host

11/20/21

So you aren’t exposed to a lot of people who might have Covid?  I’m doing more things out in public again and they are saying cases could spike around the holidays.

Alfi (THIALFI)

11/20/21

I'm not exposed to large groups of people.

Showtalk
Host

11/20/21

I have been but I found they all had boosters. Also the rate there is very low.

Jeri (azpaints)

Nov-23

This is the latest info on Covid I found today.  Our cases in AZ are higher than they have ever been, had 5103 cases in one day.  I believe it was Walter who commented on cases in children and the increase is noted in this info.  I'm not encouraged at all that we are getting a handle on This disease at all.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/covidview/index.html

Showtalk
Host

Nov-23

I suggest anyone who wants a booster find one now. The appointments seem to be drying up fast.