Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Why Trump will lose   Futility Folder:Politics

Started Jul-11 by yotsubishi (ToraMori); 13978 views.
In reply toRe: msg 1

Trump's finances have been exposed. This looks really, really bad.

https://dnyuz.com/2020/09/27/18-revelations-from-a-trove-of-trump-tax-records/

• Mr. Trump paid no federal income taxes in 11 of 18 years that The Times examined. In 2017, after he became president, his tax bill was only $750.

• He has reduced his tax bill with questionable measures, including a $72.9 million tax refund that is the subject of an audit by the Internal Revenue Service.

• Many of his signature businesses, including his golf courses, report losing large amounts of money — losses that have helped him to lower his taxes.

• The financial pressure on him is increasing as hundreds of millions of dollars in loans he personally guaranteed are soon coming due.

• Even while declaring losses, he has managed to enjoy a lavish lifestyle by taking tax deductions on what most people would consider personal expenses, including residences, aircraft and $70,000 in hairstyling for television.

• Ivanka Trump, while working as an employee of the Trump Organization, appears to have received “consulting fees” that also helped reduce the family’s tax bill.

• As president, he has received more money from foreign sources and U.S. interest groups than previously known. The records do not reveal any previously unreported connections to Russia.

Boomslang (DaveP8)

Sep-27

I could only imagine what Pelosi is writing off for botox and hair styling.

Dave P

SwingBetter

Sep-27

I don't think it surprises a lot of people, who regularly hear about the rich not paying much tax.  IE Amazon.  

Tax laws could have been changed under Biden/Obama, but they didn't want to pay taxes either on all their deals. 

I agree that there should be adjustments to tax laws, where huge profits are not wiped out so easily.     

Boomslang (DaveP8)

Sep-27

If you build a few hundred millions dollars worth of warehouses, shouldn't you be able to write off that cost?

Dave P

Bob (MULLYMAN)

Sep-28

Oh no another nail in his now fire proof coffin

flatstik (gregf82)

Sep-28

FYI, we have guaranteed loans with balloons coming due all the time (and what is guaranteed - nonrecourse carveouts, payment, etc.?), and you just refinance.  No lender wants to be a landowner - it gets worked out.  

j (Dustdevil8)

Sep-28

Yeah, don't get it. Either Trump is dodging paying his taxes on the huge amounts of money he's raking in or he's a bad businessman who is losing money hand over fist and therefore has no income to tax.

I wish the haters could get together beforehand and get their stories straight.

I don’t think so. This looks really bad. Trump Drama Fatigue is real.