Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Old Political Joke   Futility Folder:Politics

Started Aug-9 by Boomslang (DaveP8); 413 views.
Boomslang (DaveP8)

Aug-9

In Texas there is a town called New Braunfels, where there is a large
German-speaking population..
One day, a local rancher driving down a country road noticed a man
using his hand to drink water from the rancher's stock pond. The
rancher rolled down the window and shouted: "Sehr angenehm! Trink das wasser nicht. Die kuhen haben dahin gesheissen." Which means: ("Glad to meet you! Don't drink the water. The cows have pooped in it.")
The man shouted back: "I'm from New York and just down here
campaigning for Obama's health care plan. I can't understand you.
Please speak in English."
The rancher replied: "Use both hands. You'll get more."

Dave P
Charlie6D

Aug-9

Oldie but still a goodie.  Thanks for the chuckle.  :)

Charlie----------------------------------------------------------------

I live just down the Highway from New Braunfels.  Never heard a sole speak German.  But they do have great German bakery established in something like 1845 and of course the Schlitterbahn water parks.

flatstik (gregf82)

Aug-16

Lots of Germans emigrated here through Texas, especially the Port of Galveston - that's how my grandfather got here.  Left Texas and ended up in North Dakota.

Anyway, there's a little town called Walburg northeast of Austin and basically the only thing there is a German restaurant - the Walburg German Restaurant (and it's a great restaurant!!) - and they still speak German there.  But lots of German named towns in Texas.

FWIW,  those Germans also invented that divine TX specialty, chicken fried steak.

But they prolly called it schnitzel.

Also there's a restaurant in in an rv park at Ft. Stockton that claims to have the best CFS in Texas, which is a mighty big claim...I've had it twice and they might be right 

hardpan1

Aug-18

Close to where I grew up, played every nine hole course between Pecos and Lubbock (including Ft.Stockton) sunglasses

On our way back and forth through west TX we stay in that park then  swing up to Monahans (or vice versa) because the RV parks we've seen on I-20 around Odessa are all oil field man camps. 

We don't like to drive too far. So it's Tucson, El Paso, Ft. Stockton, Abilene, Winstar World, then OKC or someplace in KS, depending on our final destination.