Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The Democrats are screwed   Futility Folder:Politics

Started Aug-9 by HAX (CVeratanictu); 314 views.
HAX (CVeratanictu)

Aug-9

Nancy Pelosi's response to the China Plauge Aid package by President Trump was to call it 'unconstitutional slop'. While the President's Executive Orders are clearly unconstitutional, I struggle with calling them slop. What the POTUS did was designed to help working class Americans, and Speaker Pelosi called it 'slop'.

I have to wonder what she thought of President Obama's executive order to help non-US Citizens? Regardless, it is telling that she called it 'slop'. Unconstitutional...yep, 100%. What it accomplishes...helping Americans...yep...slop.

Since most folks have short memories, here is the dilemma we are in. President Obama signed an Executive Order that enacted DACA. He knew it was unconstitutional and fully expected it to be overturned, but he did this to force congress to act....which they did not. President Trump was elected and sought to 'undo' President Obama's executive order...THIS IS 100% constitutional, or it was until Chief Justice Roberts ruled with the majority and said that President Trump could not undo it.

What this all means TODAY is that President Trump, has simple REPEATED what President Obama did...and what will be curious to see is if the Supreme Court will "rule against itself" or will it remain consistent?

Personally, this is what I wish would happen. I wish the House and Senate would do their jobs and pass a clean relief bill that the POTUS will sign. I wish that the SCOTUS would overturn the EO by Trump. I wish they would allow Trump to overturn an EO that he wishes (which is the RIGHT OF A SITTING PRESIDENT).

If they fail to do this, they have basically rendered our congress and senate completely irrelevant and we will be electing an American Emperor and remember, if you think this is good now...just wait until the opposition figures it out. T

he beauty of this though...is you have the House Democrats working to undo an Executive Order that was designed to help Americans. They are going to be "The Grinch that Stole Christmas" and the Trump campaign is going to trumpet that loud and long for all to hear. The Democrats are being forced to undo this, or live with the consequences because if they do nothing the Trump campaign can point at them and say "They did nothing to help you in your time of need...and WE DID". The only thing Democrats can do is lie...which they will, but it won't take.

For those of you from the old board that lurk and think that Trump is an idiot...just remember, he just out played people that have been doing this for their entire career. No matter what the Democrats do from this point forward, they are in a losing position. The best they can hope for now is to not lose the house.

Trump just wrecked Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Shumer.

All Hail Godemperor of America Trump.

Hammer Dog (jaime59)
Host

Slaughter Meter at 100.

rew (REW37087)

Aug-9

Well Roberts can not say unconstitutional after his daca ruling!!!!joy

He TRUMPED them all!!!!!!!!

Hammer Dog (jaime59)
Host

Unfortunately, she apparently  got that term from one of the GOPe “principled conservatives “ Ben Sasse.

The key for Trump is to stay on offense. Smash mouth football style.
HAX (CVeratanictu)

Aug-9

What we are dealing with are two types of people. Those that swim with snakes...amd those that swim with sharks.

We just saw the difference today.