Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Robb... The Karate Chop!!!   Swing Instructions, Tips, etc.

Started Aug-20 by ken1putt (kenoneputt); 241 views.
BOGEYSBGONE

Oct-1

Ken:

Just a follow up to the "karate chop" - it still works - but I think for a simpler reason than the video.....at least in my case....the reason is that when I put my right arm into the "karate chop" position - it creates more lag.   Similar to shallowing the club.

The original karate chop was with my left/leading hand.  Palm down/back of hand to the sky.  It moved in a crossing motion - rather than a rotating motion (I do not do "roll knuckles under" with the left/leading hand).  I has the effect of keep the fairway wood head level with the ground for a longer period of time.   And good contact occurs more often for me VS the "roll the knuckles under" typical golf swing.

But I tried the "karate chop" with the right/trailing arm - and got more pop and distance out of the shot - in large part b/c since the left hand is now basically palm-down on the top of the grip at address for a fairway wood - my right hand rotates more (but not completely equal to the left hand).  On the downswing when I try to make a karate chop with the right/trailing hand - it has the effect of shallowing the club and for some reason it's a harder impact.

Kinda cool.

Robb