Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Where we stand   Futility Folder:Politics

Started Sep-16 by Hammer Dog (jaime59); 765 views.
Hammer Dog (jaime59)
Host

With distance comes perspective, and when you are too close to a situation it's often difficult to understand how bad it really is. This is especially true when you have arrived at your current position slowly and incrementally, only to suddenly realize you have a problem. That is the sociopolitical landscape in which we stand today. To borrow a quote from Hemingway; "How do you go bankrupt? Gradually and then suddenly." Gone today and perhaps forever is anything even remotely resembling polite discourse, and we find ourselves in a stark black and white world, with precious little gray in between. One side is openly seditious and has adopted a manifesto of rebellion, insurrection and destruction. That side plays for keeps. The other side, our side, unfortunately, acts as though the old rules still apply, and that somehow magically with hope and good intentions the old order will be restored.

To understand the depth of our predicament, one has to look no further than our excitement when from nowhere, a figure emerges, political or otherwise, who fights for what we believe in. Someone who calls it like it is, and who shares our sense of right, wrong, and the rule of law. Someone who is willing to go toe-to-toe against overwhelming odds, and who has put aside personal considerations because it's the right thing to do. The fact that these individuals are now so uncommon tells you all you need to know regarding the scale of our problem. These people should be the rule rather than the exception. The reality is our side is largely comprised of weak, career-minded political operatives whose commitment to fundamentals lasts no longer than the next election, and whose core principle is self-enrichment.

This is where we stand today. This is our predicament, and anyone not understanding the seriousness of it has not been paying attention and needs to quickly gain the needed perspective.

http://acecomments.mu.nu/?post=390231

HAX (CVeratanictu)

Sep-17

The tide is turning Jaime.

When I heard the speakers on behalf of Trump and the Trump administration refer to the Democrats and their supporters OPENLY as communists...I knew something had changed.  The Democrats are going to lose so shockingly bad in November, it will be laughable.  In fact, I am going to point and literally laugh in their faces and quote the joker "YOU GET WHAT YOU FUCKING DESERVE".  I would say 'if we lose..." but it doesn't matter, we're not going to lose.

Last election, I knew so many people that 'held their nose' to vote for Trump who are now RABID Trump supporters.  The people that hate Trump now hated him before.  Biden is not convincing ANYONE.  Trump is.  

Fuck Communists.  We should be able to shoot them on sight.

MikeJA

Sep-17

The scary part is what the Democrats could pull off with the mail in ballots.  If Trump's margin of victory on election night is not big enough, he could still go down.  Some leftist turd in a robe in Pennsylvania ruled that mail in ballot signatures do not need to match the signatures on file.  Many of the swing states Trump needs are run by Democrats.

In the meantime, get well.

In reply toRe: msg 3
Another reason why Trump will lose. Even if he wins.
You are wrong. The commies have won. You will be assimilated.
In reply toRe: msg 3
j (Dustdevil8)

Sep-17

My main concern with mail in ballots is not fraud, although it is certainly possible. My concern is a razor-thin election and then suddenly, without warning, 10,000 ballots show up in a close state 2 weeks after the election, with or without questionable postmarks. What are you going to do with those? What if they show up on Inauguration Day?

Doesn't "every vote count"? These days you can shop around and find a judge that will rule in your favor and cause utter chaos.

This election needs to be over on Nov 3rd, regardless of the outcome. If this gets dragged out for weeks, particularly with late or sketchy ballots for either side, it will tear this Country apart. We can't afford that right now.

BlkNGld1

Sep-17

Pretty compelling.

The good and the bad of it is that taken on it's own,  just about anyone could co opt it to their point of view.   It's all a matter of context.

Charlie6D

Sep-17

j (Dustdevil8) said...

My main concern with mail in ballots is not fraud, although it is certainly possible. My concern is a razor-thin election and then suddenly, without warning, 10,000 ballots show up in a close state 2 weeks after the election, with or without questionable postmarks. What are you going to do with those? What if they show up on Inauguration Day?

Doesn't "every vote count"? These days you can shop around and find a judge that will rule in your favor and cause utter chaos.

This election needs to be over on Nov 3rd, regardless of the outcome. If this gets dragged out for weeks, particularly with late or sketchy ballots for either side, it will tear this Country apart. We can't afford that right now.

This is precisely what the Democrat political strategists' game plan is.  I watched Hannity a few days ago when this was laid out in considerable detail.  The Dem "machine" has already retained hundreds of lawyers to keep the election results tied up in court for months after election day while Dem "operatives" manufacture the needed ballots in swing states to swing the election to Harris/Biden.  

They will have riots (disguised as protests) that will keep turmoil in the streets while the lawyers and Dem operatives continue the ballot counting for months.  Eventually, the courts will decide that in order to keep the entire country from burning down and to resolve the endless turmoil, they'll just award the election to Harris/Biden even though they know the ballot boxes were stuffed after the election.

I'm not really concerned that Trump will lose the election.  I'm concerned that we will lose the rigged court battle that is sure to follow.

Charlie------------------------------------------------------------------

In reply toRe: msg 9
SwingBetter

Sep-17

Most states should have rules for when the ballots need to be either postmarked or received.  
That doesn't mean late ballots can't get counted.    

You would think that the election for that state would have to be close to be able to cheat.  

They would likely have a fairly close count of Biden + Trump votes, so the cheaters also would likely have to trash the votes of one candidate.   

Some day there should be good enough security to vote online.  As long as not hacked, that should be harder to cheat, but maybe not.