Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Hacker-Pschorr Oktoberfest Marzen   Pinkston's House of salsa and suds (Food and Drink talk)

Started Sep-29 by Hammer Dog (jaime59); 176 views.
Hammer Dog (jaime59)
Host

I haven't drank any Oktoberfest beers in quite some time, since they tend to be more malt forward and I've always been more of a hops fan.  But I have decided to give them another shot this year and plan on getting several brands throughout the fall.  I picked up the Hacker-Pschoor yesterday on my way home from work.  It got good reviews on Beer Advocate.  It's a little heavier than I prefer at 5.8 ABV, but did not drink like that.  Nice caramel color and very well-balanced taste with just a hint of sweetness.  Would definitely buy again.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/76/234/

Bob (MULLYMAN)

Sep-29

I just picked up one of these at Wegmans in my mixed 6 pack of Oktoberfest beers

Hammer Dog (jaime59)
Host

Let me know what you think and if any of the other ones are worth checking out

A friend of mine recommended the Yuengling Hershey's Chocolate Porter.  Haven't seen it down here.  Have you tried it?

Bob (MULLYMAN)

Sep-29

Yes, has a stronger chocolate taste than others I have tried. Prefer the coffee flavored vs chocolate although I do like Sweet Baby Jesus Peanut Butter. 

Tom0956i

Sep-29

HS is my second favorite Octoberfest Marzen. Spaten's is my No 1 but I haven't seen much of either's this season here in Atlanta. Up until this year there has been plenty of both.

Bob (MULLYMAN)

Sep-29

Here are the other 5 I picked up

Hammer Dog (jaime59)
Host

Huh, only one other German beer.  

Let me know if any stand out.

Bob (MULLYMAN)

Sep-29

In to Oktoberfest fest beer right now, the inventory will soon be gone....less every time I go there.