Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Things we never would've known...   Futility Folder:Politics

Started Sep-29 by Burat (DocFreddie); 953 views.
Burat (DocFreddie)

Sep-29

... if Trump had not been elected POTUS - part 1,901:

https://nypost.com/2020/09/29/cia-told-obama-of-claim-clinton-conjured-trump-russia-scandal-spy-chief/ 

So Obama knew about this; the question is - did Biden?

If you are looking for symptoms of early onset dementia, look no further than James Comey. He doesn't even remember stuff from meetings he attended, never mind things he would be expected to read in his job. Biden has already said he knowsx nothing, NOTHING! about any of this, again despite being in some of the meetings.

Tom0956i

Oct-1

Burat (DocFreddie) said...

Did it hurt when you fell off that turnip truck? :-)

BOGEYSBGONE

Oct-2

RTom0956i said...

Burat (DocFreddie) said...

Did it hurt when you fell off that turnip truck? :-)

<Raises hand...>

Sorry to interrupt - but what does that mean?  I assume it means that someone is stupid and/or gullible.   But why a reference to a turnip truck?  What is the etymology of that phrase?

Robb

Tom0956i

Oct-2

It's something we've always used down here in the South to imply someone is naive and gullible. Of course, I was only playing with Fred.

For a more detailed explanation, try this:

https://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/what-does-it-mean-to-fall-off-a-turnip-truck

BTW, my Georgia born grandmother's mother's family name was Turnipseed. My other G-mother was from Germany.

BOGEYSBGONE

Oct-2

Tom0956i said...

It's something we've always used down here in the South to imply someone is naive and gullible. Of course, I was only playing with Fred.

For a more detailed explanation, try this:

https://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/what-does-it-mean-to-fall-off-a-turnip-truck

BTW, my Georgia born grandmother's mother's family name was Turnipseed. My other G-mother was from Germany.

Very nice.   I saw a bunch that just said what the term implied - but your article seems to give the actual deeper meaning I was looking for.   Thanks - that taught me something!  I feel a little bit less stupid....er...turnipish.

I like turnips.  Didn't realize it was a food associated with numbskulls...but then again - since I like to eat them, I suppose I wouldn't understand.  :)

Robb

Interestingly,  on one of our trips to Scotland,  we visited a doocot where they kept pigeons because they were the only winter meat.

But they were able to give the filthy bastards up for pork when they started growing turnips and feeding the pigs through the winter.

The cool thing is that these stone doocots are full of...wait for it...pigeonholes.

Msg 802.8 deleted
Art.. (ArtMBGolf)

Oct-3

There is no use talking to Comey, since all he will say is I Don't Recall.