Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Yuengling’s Hershey Chocolate Porter    Pinkston's House of salsa and suds (Food and Drink talk)

Started Sep-30 by Hammer Dog (jaime59); 173 views.
Hammer Dog (jaime59)
Host

Went to three liquor stores on and near my commute route to find this. At the last one, the guy said he literally just got it in.

i couldn’t wait for it to cool down, so I had it over ice.  It is one tasty beverage.  It reminds me a little of a chocolate Coke, the kind you could get at a soda fountain back when I was knee-high to a tadpole.

The liquor store guy also suggested enjoying with a shot of Skrewball, making an alcoholic Reese Cup.  Might have to give it a try.

BlkNGld1

Sep-30

If you like that I'd suggest Belching Beaver Peanut Butter Stout and their Mexican Chocolate Peanut Butter Stout.

Boomslang (DaveP8)

Sep-30

I've had chocolate peanut butter porters before.  Disappointed in the peanut butter flavor.  Just not enough.  I will be buying that if it ever shows up on the shelf.

Dave P

par61 (Lawnguyland)

Sep-30

Isn't Duclaw a local brewer for you? Try their Sweet Baby Jesus, a chocolate peanut butter porter. 

Hammer Dog (jaime59)
Host

I’ve had the Sweet Baby Jesus and wasn’t all that impressed. The flavor was more subdued and it had a bit of a harsh mouth feel.  Maybe over carbonated?

This is more like dessert in a bottle.

I think the subdued flavor is why I liked it. The chocolate didn't overpower the porter, and there was only a slight hint of the pb. 

Bob (MULLYMAN)

Oct-1

As I mentioned in another thread I preferred the Sweet Baby Jesus over the Hershey. There is a beer distributor in the Allentown area that must have over a 1000 different craft beers

Hammer Dog (jaime59)
Host

Got it.  I'm the opposite.  If I get a flavored beer, I want to taste the flavor.