Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

G-sight laser training system   Hax's Gun Room (Self defense: guns, knives, flamethrowers, etc)

Started Oct-12 by geddlemon; 350 views.
geddlemon

Oct-12

Any experience with G-sight ELMS system? With the scarcity and high cost of ammo these days, it seems as though it would pay for itself quickly. It looks interesting to me, but I would be interested in hearing if anyone here has seen or used it?

https://www.g-sight.com/

flatstik (gregf82)

Oct-12

Never heard of it - but I think I want it for Christmas.  ;-)

geddlemon

Oct-12

I'm sure that I'll be able to give my review well before then ;-)

HAX (CVeratanictu)

Oct-12

No experience, but anything that let's you draw, present, and pull the trigger is good.

If you just drew, Pointed, and dry fired your gun 25 times a night, you would be ahead of 98% of other gun owners.

flatstik (gregf82)

Oct-12

And that's a conservative guess.  ;-)

geddlemon

Oct-22

So, no surprise, I bought it. Well, not that exact one, but one that was similar and about $30 less with no shipping on Amazon Prime. I did a little research and quickly learned that there are a number of apps that you can use to train with this type of product. I need to get a better tripod setup for my Iphone, but it works just as advertised. I am using the G-sight app with the Pink Rhino laser trainer. 

My wife even came in and gave it a whirl and did pretty well for a novice. Only small caveat, if you don't have a DA gun, you will have to rack the slide between shots. I just bought the Springfield Hellcat, and you don't have to rack it very far on that gun to set the firing pin. Have yet to try it on my other guns, but no reason to thing that it won't perform just as well on those.

The one that I bought was here: 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K34W265/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

flatstik (gregf82)

Oct-22

Nice!  Seems worth the $40!