Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

8645   Futility Folder:Politics

Started Oct-19 by yotsubishi (ToraMori); 658 views.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-whitmer-assassination-attempt-nbc-meet-the-press-interview

Appearing on NBC’s “Meet the Press,” the Democratic governor spoke from Lansing, Mich., about her state’s coronavirus restrictions and slammed Trump’s response to the pandemic, all while the digits “8645” in bubble letters were perched by a house plant on a coffee table behind her.  The numbers prompted a reaction from one of the Trump campaign’s verified Twitter accounts.  

“Governor Gretchen Whitmer displayed an '86 45' sign during her TV appearance,” Trump War Room tweeted, adding: “86 can be shorthand for killing someone.”

Hammer Dog (jaime59)
Host

Democrats have killed Trump supporters and one attempted a mass assassination of Republican congressional leaders in 2017.

golftool

Oct-19

“To kill someone” is a huge stretch. Historically it’s been used in bars and other establishments to mean “cut someone off, or throw them out.”

garyt1957gt

Oct-20

Whatever it means it's just childish for a Governor to display that. I know Trump is beyond childish at times but you don't have to fall to that level.

Msg 891.5 deleted
golftool

Oct-20

Because Trump is beyond childish, you give him a pass? 

What she did was pretty benign yet, you call her on it. Speak out against Trump and his supporters and I might take you seriously.

For the record, all I did was provide what I believe is a more accurate interpretation. No opinion was offered.

Hammer Dog (jaime59)
Host

Do you disagree with this statement?

"86 can be shorthand for killing someone."

garyt1957gt

Oct-20

How did I give Trump a pass? I called him on his behavior. I just don't think you have to stoop to his level.

Hammer Dog (jaime59)
Host

I just don't think you have to stoop to his level.  

Making America Great Again?

golftool

Oct-20

Personally, I’ve never thought it meant that. I was never killed because I ‘d overindulged. I was cut off and encouraged to leave, though.