Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Room for one in Greg NJ Tournament, 10/24, in Phillipsburg, NJ   Golf talk

Started Oct-21 by wrxgolfr; 270 views.
wrxgolfr

Oct-21

As I suspect many of you know, I've hosted a golf tournament annually in honor of Greg Milanowycz.  Greg was a very active member of the GEA in its early days.  He perished on 9/11/01 in the South Tower of the WTC.  He was 25.

The first event was held in October of 2001.  The 20th is this coming Saturday at Architect's Golf Club in Phillipsburg, NJ.  https://www.thearchitectsclub.com/

The event gives us an opportunity to remember a wonderful young man, get together for a round of golf, and raise money for the Greg Milanowycz Memorial Scholarship Fund at St. Joe's University in Philly, Greg's alma mater.

We had 8 players lined up and one just cancelled.  If anyone reading this would like to play please shoot me a PM or an email to wrxgolfr@yahoo.com ASAP.  Cost is $99 pp and donations above that are welcome for the charity.  

In reply toRe: msg 1
wrxgolfr

Oct-21

Here are a couple of pics that may be of interest.  The group shot is from a GEA road trip from (I believe) 1999 to world woods in FL.  The pin was made by KJax or Derrick post 9/11.

• Edited October 21, 2020 10:55 am  by  wrxgolfr
Hammer Dog (jaime59)
Host

Good to see you're still doing this

In reply toRe: msg 4
Bob (MULLYMAN)

Oct-23

This is 20th event if my math is correct. Some of us played after the memorial service in NJ.

wrxgolfr

Oct-23

Tx.  Wasn't easy to get motivated this year and almost didn't happen.  Next year is 20 year.  Perhaps we can get a great turnout then and make a meaningful contribution to St. Joe's.

wrxgolfr

Oct-23

HAX (CVeratanictu) said:

Wish I could go.

Me too. :)

wrxgolfr

Oct-23

Bob (MULLYMAN) said:

This is 20th event if my math is correct. Some of us played after the memorial service in NJ.

You are correct on the number but the first was actually in October '01 at Pine Barrens in Jackson, NJ.  We'd already had a "Nutz" outing planned (which Greg was scheduled to attend).  The outing morphed into the first of the memorial tournaments, but at that point there was no plan to making it an annual event.

Look forward to seeing you tomorrow.