Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

We Voted Today   Futility Folder:Politics

Started Oct-21 by Charlie6D; 627 views.
Charlie6D

Oct-21

My wife and I voted this afternoon at one of the 8 or 10 early voting sites in the county.  When we pulled up to the voting location, the parking lot was overflowing.  All the parking spaces were full and people were parked on the grass and anywhere they could find a spot.  I have voted early before and have NEVER seen anywhere near this number of people or cars at this location.  The line of waiting voters was out the door and around the building.

In spite of the long line, we decided we would go ahead and vote today instead of coming back at another time.  It took us about 15 minutes of waiting outside the building before we were allowed to go into the building.  That's when the REAL wait started!  It was a huge room and the line was snaked back and forth about 7 or 8 times before you got to go to one of the stations where you were checked in.  There were roughly 75 people waiting to vote INSIDE the building, not counting the ones in the process of voting. They had 4 or 5 stations where you were checked in before you got your ballot and took it to one of the 20+ voting booths.  

Altogether, it took us about 1 hour and 15 minutes from the time we arrived at the voting location until we finished voting.  I have no way of knowing which candidate benefitted the most from this huge turnout, but this was in Florida.  I'm guessing there will be a record turnout this year.

Charlie-------------------------------------------------------------------

j (Dustdevil8)

Oct-21

I went today in Texas and it seemed like everybody showed up right before I did. Then I looked back and the line was twice as long behind me.

Appearently, 11 am is a popular time. I think everyone has their mind made up by now. It's all about turnout now.

Probably Jo Jorgensen voters.

billyc5

Oct-22

My wife and I went to vote yesterday as well around 1:30pm in Henrico County, VA. Was about a 20 minute wait in line, ballot was pretty short so went pretty quickly. Asked the poll worker and they said it has been the most early voting they have ever seen.

• Edited October 22, 2020 8:16 am  by  billyc5
Charlie6D

Oct-22

billyc5 said...

My wife and I went to vote yesterday as well around 1:30pm in Henrico County, VA. Was about a 20 minute wait in line, ballot was pretty short so went pretty quickly. Asked the poll worker and they said it has been the most early voting they have ever seen.

Ballot length is one of my gripes here in Florida.  We typically have loooooong ballots which include numerous constitutional amendments and whether we want to retain certain judges (listed individually by name).  WTF?  How is the average person supposed to know anything about individual judges?  And there are too damn many constitutional amendments.  The legislature needs to do its job.

Charlie---------------------------------------------------------------

BOGEYSBGONE

Oct-22

In FL - are you required to fill out a vote for every single candidate?

Can you just vote for POTUS and skip or fast-track the rest with a non-commital selection?

Robb

Same in CA. But it's the last check on a super majority D legislature and D governor. I expect they will get rid of ballot measures now that they have complete control.

Charlie6D

Oct-22

BOGEYSBGONE said...

In FL - are you required to fill out a vote for every single candidate?

Can you just vote for POTUS and skip or fast-track the rest with a non-commital selection?

Robb

No.  You're not required to vote for any candidate/race or amendment.  Many times I have skipped the lesser races or judgeships in voting.  However, I do vote on the amendments since some of them would make rather drastic changes and you can't just leave it up to other voters to make the right decision.  

Charlie----------------------------------------------------------

• Edited October 22, 2020 10:35 am  by  Charlie6D
MikeJA

Oct-22

Much easier to vote absentee, as I've been doing for decades.  I checked online to see who appointed each of the judges up for retention approval. 

flatstik (gregf82)

Oct-22

Henrico is pro-democrat, correct?  Any indication as to who the turnout was for?