Hammer Dog (jaime59)

4GEA (Golf Equipment Aficionados)

Hosted by Hammer Dog (jaime59)

This is the successor forum to the original Golf Equipment Aficionados forum or 4GEA

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Pro V1s and Pro V1x on ebay at good prices   Golf Equipment

Started Oct-25 by golftool; 986 views.
golftool

Oct-25

There's a guy selling new, latest version of these on ebay for Swap Shop prices. I just bought 6 doz for $190 + sales tax, free shipping too. He's selling at 3/$105. His first auction was 3/$100 so, I bought it. He immediately posted another batch of 3 for $105. Now I've got 6 doz. New, no logos in factory packaging. Sellers ID is: johnismcclur0.  If you need / want balls he's worth checking out. Shipping is free USPS Priority.  He says he's got plenty.

BOGEYSBGONE

Oct-25

golftool said...

There's a guy selling new, latest version of these on ebay for Swap Shop prices. I just bought 6 doz for $190 + sales tax, free shipping too. He's selling at 3/$105. His first auction was 3/$100 so, I bought it. He immediately posted another batch of 3 for $105. Now I've got 6 doz. New, no logos in factory packaging. Sellers ID is: johnismcclur0.  If you need / want balls he's worth checking out. Shipping is free USPS Priority.  He says he's got plenty.

Nice.  Thanks!

Robb

woodsplinter

Oct-26

I checked today, all gone.

golftool

Oct-26

Wait and see if he starts another auction. He might have been  

In reply toRe: msg 4
golftool

Oct-26

He sent me a message that he will be auctioning off more, soon.

I will sell you six dozen current generation 5A Mint used ProV1 golf balls, mostly white, some yellow, for $180 shipped priority mail.  All balls individually inspected and hand washed.  Some will have logos, some will have sharpie marks, some might have both.  None will be water balls.  Overall these are nicer than any 5A ball I have ever bought from LGB.com.   No sales tax via PayPal.  To fill up the USPS Large Flat rate box, I will also include 4 dozen 5A Mint KSig3 ball and 4 dozen 5A Mint Current (New) generation Titleist Velocity golf balls (some will be the various bright colors they offer..not many)  By my count, I can fit about 175+ golf balls in a large Flat rate box, so I will add a few other 5A distance type balls untie the box is full.  If you want the ProV1/KSig/Velocity separated into plastic bags, that will reduce the number of other balls I can add to the box...might not be able to add any to the box.

golftool

Oct-26

Pass. The ones I bought were shipped free. Sales tax? Meh. I have another source (who's out at the moment) where I can buy and pick up locally. I have no need for any of the other balls, I have coolers full of found balls I won't play, in my garage. Those I donate to the Courage Center Golf Program at my home course. I still have 12 dozen Pro V1x on hand, too.

I'm an admitted snob when it comes to the ball I play, though I don't deserve to be based on my game. I prefer to stick to one brand - one kind. I do switch between Pro V1 and Pro V1x depending on course and weather conditions. I've played a lot of the balls you listed. I always went back to the Pro V1 or the TP5 until this year. I found Titleist product to be my preferred ball so, I "gave" the rest of my TP5s to couple guys on this site. 

• Edited October 28, 2020 5:59 pm  by  golftool
golftool

Oct-26

See edited reply. 1st send came off too snarky.

Funny thing is I have played most every ball out there.  My average round over the last 3-4 months at our course is probably just under 80..lets say 79.5.  And I find that I pretty much score the same regardless of what ball I play.  I find it very easy to adjust to a spin or no spin ball within the first hole or two.  But what I prefer are balls that sound soft (I really think we confuse quiet for soft IMO) and roll out a bit.  My recent round with a Chrome Soft X is a great example.  Quiet ball that is not for my swing speed, meaning I don't get max spin out of it...I get a bit of roll-out.  Now when I play the KSig, which is without a doubt the absolute best value of any ball out there, I don't care for the clicky sound of it..but it does spin as much if not more than any ball I have played (I have done numerous side by side tests on the course)...and that rattles my brain...a clickly sounding ball should be hard with no spin and lots of roll out...but the KSig SOUNDS harder than even a Pinnacle Rush.  Go figure.  All that said, if somebody told me they would give me a lifetime supply of any ball on the market today, I would pick the TP5 with a sad heart, as I really like trying all the different balls out there.