US & World News -  Lady was Miraculously Healed (282 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: luv7 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host4/12/18 6:40 PM 
To: All  (1 of 14) 

Reply   Options 

From: spirit (spiritscript) DelphiPlus Member Icon4/14/18 10:21 AM 
To: luv7 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 14) 
 4212.2 in reply to 4212.1 

I better believe in miracles because I recently found out I have Stage 4 CKD.  Never told ANYTHING when Stage 1-3

From: luv7 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host4/14/18 3:28 PM 
To: spirit (spiritscript) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 14) 
 4212.3 in reply to 4212.2 

What is stage 4 CKD ?

From: luv7 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host4/15/18 8:47 AM 
To: spirit (spiritscript) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 14) 
 4212.4 in reply to 4212.3 

Ok, I found out what it is.   I found these sites:

http://www.peggysuesurvived.com/stage-4-cancer-treatment.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjw8MvWBRC8ARIsAOFSVBV8kBLPBPPOVRaKFn9A4Ov4osJz8lzvdRMFz5yF4MY7KiIyhN1X9w4aAl88EALw_wcB

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2016/02/15/foods-for-kidney-health.aspx

I would like to encourage you. I know you are a Christian, so you believe in the healing power of The Holy Spirit. My youngest son's girlfriend was diagnosed as having breast cancer (and also in various other areas in her body) and she tackled it head on in a natural organic way and her cancer cells are now below the normal level.        

I also have a friend whom 10 years ago was given the worse diagnosis imaginable in having breast cancer and went the chemo/radiation path and has been free now for 10 years!   Be encouraged and fight this with your faith, depend upon the Holy Spirit to go before you and go to battle.

Love,

luv7

From: spirit (spiritscript) DelphiPlus Member Icon4/16/18 10:36 PM 
To: luv7 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 14) 
 4212.5 in reply to 4212.4 

THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU!!!

From: spirit (spiritscript) DelphiPlus Member Icon4/18/18 9:20 AM 
To: luv7 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 14) 
 4212.6 in reply to 4212.3 

Hi!  Sorry about that.  Chronic Kidney Disease

From: Bike (URALTOURIST1) DelphiPlus Member Icon4/18/18 12:49 PM 
To: spirit (spiritscript) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 14) 
 4212.7 in reply to 4212.2 

CKD or Chronic Kidney Disease is often known as CRF (Chronic Renal Failure) or ESRD (End Stage Renal Disease) in really bad cases requiring dialysis.

You must not have had a comprehensive lab panel done, simple chemistry may not include some factors.  KD is sneaky in that it does not manifest itself in any meaningful way until stage IV, I currently am in CKD IIIb that is not actionable either, but due to family history of Diabetes and Kidney disease, I have remained alert to changes in labs and have recently lost 40 pounds and gotten off some meds that COULD contribute to failing kidney function.

Most Americans do NOT monitor their own health and largely ignore family histories, both not really all that good a set of self care practices.  Note also that overweight, high blood pressure (HTN) and Diabetes are HUGE contributors to KD.

Please note that many diet pills, many cholesterol drugs and Metformin for Diabetes are all potentially harmful to continuing kidney health.  Myself and my new renal doctor have conferenced at length about the various drugs I use or did use, looking to minimize effects on kidney function.

Former Critical Care RN.

Warren

USCG Engineer 1961-1982

• Edited April 18, 2018 12:58 pm  by  Bike (URALTOURIST1)

From: spirit (spiritscript) DelphiPlus Member Icon4/18/18 11:17 PM 
To: Bike (URALTOURIST1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 14) 
 4212.8 in reply to 4212.7 

Hi and thank you for the info.  Several months ago I was told I had stage 3 CKD, a few months after that I was told I was fine and now I'm told I am stage 4.  Plus now that it's too late they stopped my Metformin after 6 years @ 2000mg per day.  Also, for 6 years were prescribed high doses anti-inflammitories; Nabumetone, Etodolac, etc.  Right now I am SEVERELY depressed and lost more than I have ever been in my life.  Oh!  And last October my pain doctor stopped my opiate thanks to CDC.  I have been doing pretty good on the Suboxone program.  But the past month my pain is getting worse than ever.  My kidney function is only 29%   I get swelling in my ankles and face.  They only give me 25mg Chlorthalidone per day cause can't up it.  In any case I pray my grown 25 years old autistic (Aspergers) daughter and her boyfriend work out great cause we have no one and my only choices now are dialysis and die, or die.  It's a lose lose.My Labs

Uric Acid 8.8 mg/dL 2.0 - 6.8 mg/dL H
Specimen collection should occur prior to Metamizole administration due to the potential for falsely depressed results.
General Information
Collected:
03/22/2018 12:52 PM
PTH 54.4 pg/mL 18.4 - 80.1 pg/mL
General Information
Collected:
03/22/2018 12:52 PM
RBC, UA None Seen /hpf None Seen, 0-5 /hpf
WBC, UA 4-10 /hpf None Seen, 0-5, 5-55, 5-65 /hpf A
Epithelial Cells None Seen /hpf None Seen, Occasional /hpf
Bacteria, UA None Seen /hpf None Seen, Occasional /hpf
Hyaline Casts, UA 5-10 /lpf None Seen /lpf A
Phosphorus 4.2 mg/dL 2.3 - 4.1 mg/dL H
Creatinine, Ur 167.0 mg/dL mg/dL
Microalbum.,U,Random 10.7 mg/L 0.0 - 20.0 mg/L
Microalb Creat Ratio 6 mg/g creatinine 0 - 30 mg/g creatinine
...[Message truncated]

From: spirit (spiritscript) DelphiPlus Member Icon4/18/18 11:23 PM 
To: Bike (URALTOURIST1) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 14) 
 4212.9 in reply to 4212.7 

Oh they still keep me on cholesteral med; Atorvastatin.  I have lost about 80 pounds in about a year but was not trying to lose weight.  They NEVER gave me any of my labs until this april and my primary even screamed at me on phone accusing me of not getting ALL my labs done.  So I had to get the lab to send them to her AGAIN!  When I was told I was stage 3 they told me NOTHING to do!  So how did I go from stage 3 to not having kidney disease, to stage 4???  Pathetic!

From: Bike (URALTOURIST1) DelphiPlus Member Icon4/19/18 9:49 PM 
To: spirit (spiritscript) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 14) 
 4212.10 in reply to 4212.9 

Sermon #1:

Americans seem so inured to the experience of self maintenance and often treat their doctor as if they were veterinarians whose patients do not speak or report conditions or symptoms.  This leaving ALL analysis and responsibility in the hands of a physician is almost (no, actually) criminal.  How does the physician deal with this?  The physicians and care givers have come to depend on third hand information such as lab tests and obvious or outright symptomology, the patient more often than not present themselves to the practitioner with the veterinary approach of "Heal Me, I am here" when something is not right.

As a nurse, it irritates me no end that most patients are utterly ignorant of family history or even decent self care skills, including diet, weight, use of many medications (OTC and recreational) with no knowledge of side effects and more.

---------------------------------

Stage III to Stage IV is tiny, 30 is stage III, 29 is stage IV.  There are almost NO medications to enhance or significantly improve renal function, salvage is the only thing left and that is often done with diet, reduction in offensive medications and other relatively passive measures such as weight management and diabetes actions with diet.

My brother died after 10 years on dialysis (ESRD) following cancer of the kidney, my father was compromised by Stage III CRF related to malarial disease and died as a result of that failure.  My renal values have improved (33 to 39) by passive measures such as diet, reduction in offensive medications and a collegial approach with my caregivers on options for the future.  I would like to think I will make 100 years old, only 24 to go in spite of my asbestosis/COPD/emphysema, minimal diabetes now well controlled by diet and only one minor cholesterol drug (Livalo) with minimal renal effect.

Warren

USCG Engineer 1961-1982

• Edited April 19, 2018 9:53 pm  by  Bike (URALTOURIST1)

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-14
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.