Weekly Devotional -  Beware of the yeast of the Pharisees (39 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: luv7 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostAug-4 4:34 PM 
To: All  (1 of 4) 

Beware of the yeast of the Pharisees

Happy Sunshine Ladies,

Have you ever had a thought come into your mind that seems to stay there? I have not been unable to get the thoughts about the yeast of the Pharisees out of my mind.

“Be careful, Jesus warned them. “Watch out for the yeast of the Pharisees and that of Herod.” Mark 8:15 niv

Let’s ask God to open our eyes to this truth.

Heavenly Father,

We want to glorify you in everything we do. We ask You to open up the eyes of our hearts so we can see with clarity the truth Your Son was giving the religious leaders of His day. We ask for a keen sense of understanding and discernment to recognize a good tree from a bad tree and see the good fruit vs the bad fruit. We ask that You would remove any self-righteous thinking inside of us and that Your Spirit would purify us during this time of learning. Help us meditate upon your word and truth. Thank You Father for sending Your Holy Spirit to teach us the wisdom of Your Son’s Words.

And it is in His name we ask this, Amen. 

Yeast means teachings. We could say, “Beware of the teachings of the Pharisees.” 

In Matthew 15:1-20 niv,  The Pharisees and teachers of the law approached Jesus, asking him why his disciples did n
...[Message truncated]

Reply   Options 

From: HWPeeler (HPeeler) DelphiPlus Member IconAug-10 7:05 AM 
To: luv7 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 4) 
 4241.2 in reply to 4241.1 

An excellent topic!

Who are those Pharisees today? Which one has the will of god in them? Don't all Jewish, Christian, Muslim, Mormons, Witnesses (and such) say they follow god's will? All these reference something in the bible bone way or another. Not to mention Hindu, Buddhists and all other religions. Should we include the sciences? All think they have the true message. We see what we want to see and ignore the flaws. Does mankind really know god?

From: luv7 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostAug-10 7:34 AM 
To: HWPeeler (HPeeler) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 4) 
 4241.3 in reply to 4241.2 

Good Morning Peeler,

Back in Jesus day, the Pharisees and Sadducees were going by the laws of the OT, but they did not really abide by them. They twisted the laws of God. They made up their own laws because of the corruption inside of their hearts and justified their "righteousness" by saying it was God's will.  They would make outward gestures and appearances of what they considered to be important and holy for the sole reason of impressing others. Because, Jesus knew their hearts were far from the love of God, he told them so and firmly held them accountable for what they were doing. They held jealousy and even revenge against Jesus and plotted to kill him because they felt Jesus was going to take over. 

Everything has to do with what is inside of our hearts. What are we carrying inside of our hearts? The overflow of our hearts always comes out of our mouths. The Bible talks about how our own righteousness is like filthy rags in God's sight. True believers realize this and work within the Body of Christ doing God's will because God first loved us before we even knew Him. How humbling is that to think about? There is not one thing that we can do to earn our way into the Kingdom of God because God extended to us His gift of grace [unmerited favor]. The only way we can enter glory is through accepting and believing that God's son who was sacrificed upon that cross so we could have forgiveness of our sins. When we make that first step towards repentance in faith, The Holy Spirit will take you the rest of the way.  Any other belief systems that do not regard Jesus as God's son is hearsay and false. "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6

You further asked "Does mankind really know God?" 

Yes. My own life is a testimony of the greatness of God's love and how he delivered me from the grip of darkness. Everyone is searching for love, but few realize it is God's love they are searching for and instead depend upon man's love or "try" other belief systems and they end up realizing they are only a bandaid compared to the fierce and faithful goodness of God's love that is offered through Jesus Christ. If you are searching Peeler. Search no more and humble yourself, read the book of John for yourself and listen to what the Holy Spirit is saying in your life.  Have a great day!

To: luv7 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 4) 
 4241.4 in reply to 4241.3 

luv7 said...

the Pharisees and Sadducees

Very agreeable.

luv7 said...

Jesus knew their hearts were far from the love of God,

Also agreeable.

Our hearts just pump blood. I don't confuse my thoughts wit my feelings.

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.