Weekly Devotional -  A Grateful Heart lights up your eyes (16 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: luv7 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostAug-10 7:00 AM 
To: All  (1 of 1) 

Good Morning Warriors

“No man, when he hath lighted a candle, putteth it in a secret place, neither under a bushel, but on a candlestick, that they which come in may see the light.

The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness.

Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness.

If thy whole body therefore be full of light, having no part dark, the whole shall be full of light, as when the bright shining of a candle doth give thee light.” 

Luke 11:33-36 KJV

Years back, when I was taking a speech class in a secular college we were asked to give a speech on any topic of our choice. I gave a speech on the importance of light and how darkness is expelled physically and then I was able to bring word pictures spiritually. I almost refused to follow through because when I stood in front of all those students, not only did I feel a weakness in my knees but felt the sting of stage fright and I started to walk back to my seat. Just as quick, a rush of faith caught me in my tracks. I stopped and turned around and went back to speak. My attitude was determinedly: “I’m not going to allow a spirit of fear to overcome me!” My desire to scatter seeds [God’s word] for the Kingdom of God was much stronger, than any fallen pride or humiliation that could possibly follow afterwards. God rewarded my obedience as I received an A+ on my paper and speech. For me, this was a huge encouragement from the Holy Spirit as I identifiy Him as my guiding light who continues to lead me where I should go. Did I mention that my teacher was a Jewish lady? I felt privileged to be in her class. 

“The spirit [conscience] of man is the lamp of the Lord, Searching and examining all the innermost parts of his being.” Amp. Proverbs 20:27

Fear comes from darkness but light delivers us.

Fear comes from darkness but light exposes.

Fear robs us of blessings but light rewards.

Fear brings lies, but light brings truth.

...[Message truncated]

Reply   Options 

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.