Weekly Devotional -  True Love (25 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: luv7 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostSep-10 8:24 AM 
To: All  (1 of 1) 

Good Morning,

“Now the end of the commandment is charity [love], out of a pure heart, and a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:” 1Tim. 1:5

The world talks about true love and sometimes our memories open to another time, one of being caught up into the very throes of romantic love songs or the heart beat memory of watching Rhett Butler’s irresistible infatuation with Scarlet as he swooped her into his arms and carried her up the grand staircase inside of Tara, the well known southern plantation of “Gone with the Wind.” 

Although Scarlett was envied, pampered and spoiled, she had a strong independent tenacity that hard times demanded.  One of the things she learned was the realization of seeing things in a person and in life that did not exist. She lived inside of a dream that did not belong to her.  Like so many of us, her bubble popped. 

Katie Scarlet O’Hara loved life for herself and what only she could get from it, in anyway she could. Although selfishness reigned in her heart, in the end her eyes were opened and she learned. For myself, I always loved her character.

The meaning of their love in greek: “Eros.” Meaning a sexual passion. 

The love we are going to think about is “Agape.”  Agape love comes from God and is the highest form of love and this is what we strive to give to Him and others.

I found this simple website that talks about the greek words of love:

https://www.thoughtco.com/types-of-love-in-the-bible-700177 

...[Message truncated]

Reply   Options 

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.