Weekly Devotional -  The Crucible (44 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: luv7 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMay-21 8:02 AM 
To: All  (1 of 1) 

The Crucible

“The crucible for silver and the furnace for gold, but man is tested by the praise he receives.”  Proverbs 27:21 niv

What sort of grit is inside of you? 

When I think of the word Crucible I automatically think of the United States Marine Corp. Marines are formed and made when they enter the Crucible and only when they come through this refining pot have they earned the right to be called a Marine and given the badge of the eagle, globe and anchor. 

Emotions run high for everyone who is connected to a recruit.

Once a single mother who had 3 former Marines who survived The Crucible,  I suffered long distant, we were near spiritually; yet far physically and I prayed for them on a regular basis.  Rumors about the Crucible were rampant throughout boot camp. Fear and self doubts would question their hearts. Would their physical and mental capability bring them through? Could they do it? Would they pass the tests?  Any stubbornness, pride, selfishness, me first attitude, wrong habits and thinking patterns were crushed, broken and replaced with the attitude of loyalty, faithfulness and having your team members back. The corp has no room for a lone wolf. Together they are compadres. They learned to give themselves and to trust each other in any kind of situation. They learned that real love gives. They learned that sacrifice meant giving your life for your buddy. The Crucible prepared them for war. And, to war my sons went, time and again. To this day, I tear up over what they have been through, but God in his mercy kept bringing them back home. My oldest son stayed in the corp over 20 years. Middle son, 30 years and youngest son got out after 8 years, and I am forever thankful.  Although some will disagree with me,  a military vet from any branch of the USA who has been to war has more understanding about the reality of life in their small pinkie, then some who have been to an ivy league university and sat under the atheistic intellect of a secular professor that declares there is no God. Without hesitation, I confidently say this; because our Vets have walked through the fiery furnace of affliction and met God.

There is no doubt, all true godly warriors know there is a God because the refining pot has opened their eyes to the truth and enabled them to get their eyes off of themselves. Self praise and pride  are buried. They soon learn to be humble and careful to give glory to God. These people are quick to forgive and full of the mercies they themselves have experienced and walk with a deep gratitude that is completely foreign to the
...[Message truncated]

Reply   Options 

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.