General Political -  "Yeah, That's the Ticket!" (326 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 27) 

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/07/us/politics/lies-trump-obama-mislead.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

Many Politicians Lie. But Trump Has Elevated the Art of Fabrication.

Fabrications have long been a part of American politics. Politicians lie to puff themselves up, to burnish their résumés and to cover up misdeeds, including sexual affairs. (See: Bill Clinton.) Sometimes they cite false information for what they believe are justifiable policy reasons. (See: Lyndon Johnson and Vietnam.)

But President Trump, historians and consultants in both political parties agree, appears to have taken what the writer Hannah Arendt once called “the conflict between truth and politics” to an entirely new level.

From his days peddling the false notion that former President Barack Obama was born in Kenya, to his inflated claims about how many people attended his inaugural, to his description just last week of receiving two phone calls — one from the president of Mexico and another from the head of the Boy Scouts — that never happened, Mr. Trump is trafficking in hyperbole, distortion and fabrication on practically a daily basis.

From: Vote out the Repukes in 2018 (1markl78)Aug-7 12:28 PM 
To: KeithB52  (2 of 27) 
 207785.2 in reply to 207785.1 

So true...

To: All  (3 of 27) 
 207785.3 in reply to 207785.1 

To: Vote out the Repukes in 2018 (1markl78)  (4 of 27) 
 207785.4 in reply to 207785.2 

Ah yes, the political version of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Do you plan to wear matching suicide vests?

To: KeithB52  (5 of 27) 
 207785.5 in reply to 207785.1 

Rumor has it that a 'shadow' Republican organization has formed and is touting Mike Pence for the presidential run for 2020.  Pence denies it.  Seems that this 'shadow' group figures Trump won't even attempt a run.  

To: FlaBarbara41  (6 of 27) 
 207785.6 in reply to 207785.3 

BINGO!  And the reason they 'swallow' those lies is:  THEY SIMPLY DON'T KNOW ANYTHING - they are who put Mr. Trump in office.  They are the average voter in this early 21st century.  

To: jra2750  (7 of 27) 
 207785.7 in reply to 207785.6 

jra2750 said...

And the reason they 'swallow' those lies is:  THEY SIMPLY DON'T KNOW ANYTHING - they are who put Mr. Trump in office. 

If you're looking for someone to blame for putting Trump into office, blame the democrats who nominated Hillary Clinton.  Millions do in fact agree with Trump and support everything he says and does.  BUT, other millions looked at the choices available and once again voted for the less of two evils.  I didn't vote for Trump so much as I voted AGAINST Hillary.  Given the same choices again, I would again vote against Hillary even though it means giving Trump my vote.  The only thing I could agree on with Hillary would be an assertion on her part that the Sun rises in the east.  The nation was failed by BOTH parties by foisting the two worst candidates in history onto the voters.  If the democrats had nominates someone else, Trump would not have prevailed in the election.  How wonderful it would be to vote FOR a candidate who's policies I can believe in rather than the better of two fools and have to hope the country can survive until the next election.  

To: Peacemaker45  (8 of 27) 
 207785.8 in reply to 207785.7 

Remember Whitewater?  Remember all the hullabaloo about those 'missing emails'?  Well, turns out that the result of investigations into those two situations was:

ZERO!  There was not evidence to show criminal INTENT by either of those investigations.  All Hillary got was a slap on the wrist for carelessness.  And that's what the result of these investigations into the Russian Connections.  Proof of criminal intent?  Stuff and nonsense.

Whether Mr. Trump will bite the bullet and simply decide not to run again or not we don't know at this point but we can hope.  Unfortunately, already something called a 'shadow' Republican group is readying Mike Pence for the 2020 run.  Pence denies all.  But I'll bet the farm he's salivating over the prospect.  

To: jra2750  (9 of 27) 
 207785.9 in reply to 207785.8 

Yeah, I do remember Whitewater and I remember the email questions.  And I remember a $1,000 investment in cattle futures that generated about $100,000 in less than a year.  I remember that it didn't matter that an American ambassador and three Marines were brutally murdered in Benghazi.  I remember that she was instrumental if firing people in the White House Travel Office when Bill was president and arranging for a new firm with ties to the Clintons to be hired.  I remember that several hundred FBI background files on people in previous republican administrations were given to Craig Livingstone.  I remember that the Clinton Foundation received millions from foreign corporations and governments that had business before the State Department when she was Secretary of State.  

I also know that the massively wealthy and the politically powerful seldom -- as in almost never -- face justice the way ordinary citizens must.

?One of the things I do like about Trump is that he is not a career politician.  He may be famous for not paying his bills, he may use poor judgement when he tweets and he may be without honor when he talks about women, but he is not a politician who has made a career of screwing the people of the country and THAT is in his favor.  

To: Peacemaker45  (10 of 27) 
 207785.10 in reply to 207785.7 

Ha Ha Blame the Democrats - and I guess it is the  Democrats that are to blame because Trump's approval ratings are so low -

Animation Newest pictures Animated

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-27
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.