General Political -  Tear down this statue of a murderer!! (125 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 10) 

Seattle, WA

To: Ameristan  (2 of 10) 
 207889.2 in reply to 207889.1 

Excerpt from a 2001 news story:

Take the citizens of Seattle. For 13 years, a statue of Vladimir Lenin, founder of the Soviet Union, has stood in the city’s hip Fremont section. A sculpture-loving local brought the 18-foot-high statue from Slovakia, and it has stood in a public square with little fanfare ever since.

As for the statue, some would say Fremont is the perfect spot for it in a funny, ironic sense. The neighborhood’s motto is de libertas quirkas (“freedom to be peculiar”), and it’s the headquarters for a novelty company that specializes in rubber chickens and lawn flamingos. Directional arrows on Fremont’s streets point to such places as the North Pole, the Milky Way and Atlantis.

To: Ameristan  (3 of 10) 
 207889.3 in reply to 207889.1 

A murderer of minds, souls, and many many millions. ... gave rise to Stalin too.

Next to him: General Robert E. Lee looks like a Christian saint of vast integrity.

People need to READ History. it's all there.

The Civil war was over States-Rights, ... AND the eventual elimination of black-slavery and all the economics that entailed as well.

To: lenbenhear_and NOW (Spiritest_24)  (4 of 10) 
 207889.4 in reply to 207889.3 

A murderer of minds, souls, and many many millions. ... gave rise to Stalin too.

You can't attack other nations and then claim to be surprised when they get all paranoid and brutal.

When the British were threatened by the Hun (actually in 1944, well afterwards!) we jailed a woman for witchcraft. Look up Helen Duncan.

To: BerrySteph  (5 of 10) 
 207889.5 in reply to 207889.4 

Are you trying to "defend" Stalin and Lenin and Mao ???

tell it to the millions of dead and the tortured.

To: lenbenhear_and NOW (Spiritest_24)  (6 of 10) 
 207889.6 in reply to 207889.5 

barrystaffinfection will defend the communists til the day he is in the tomb

From: Vote out the Repukes in 2018 (1markl78)Aug-13 10:44 AM 
To: Ameristan  (7 of 10) 
 207889.7 in reply to 207889.1 

Another Lenin statue stands in Dallas with the inscription “America Won.”

To: lenbenhear_and NOW (Spiritest_24)  (8 of 10) 
 207889.8 in reply to 207889.5 

Are you trying to "defend" Stalin and Lenin and Mao ???

I'm saying we attacked their nascent nations and have never stopped threatening them.

Furthermore, we're doing it from enviably safe geographic positions - while they're naturally vulnerable and our conduct is making them still more paranoid.

All the aggression coming from them is directly brought about by our threats to them, or for eminently understandabler geographic reasons.

eg the South China Sea is their Caribbean, but much more important to them than the Caribbean is to you.

While Ukraine and Crimea are urgently necessary to the Russians to have any means of self-defense, and still doesn't allow them much.

To: nightlight88  (9 of 10) 
 207889.9 in reply to 207889.6 

barrystaffinfection will defend the communists til the day he is in the tomb

I don't think I've ever done that.

However, I am acutely aware that their geographic position is much, much scarier than mine.

From this small and muddy isle, my forefathers orchestrated a very successful Pax Britannica which lasted 99 years and a bit more.

When does Pax Americana start?

All the conditions have been there for 70 years - when will you get your finger out of your bum?

To: nightlight88  (10 of 10) 
 207889.10 in reply to 207889.6 

or in HELL.

thanks. I just recently put it on ignore.

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.