General Political -  The deal Trump wanted (627 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 66) 

While he ran for president, Trump was simultaneously — and secretly — pursuing financial opportunities with a foreign adversary. Not just any adversary, but Russia, a country described by his party’s previous presidential nominee as the United States’ “No. 1 geopolitical foe.” And not just pursuing financial opportunities in Russia, but actively seeking the help of at least one senior Russian official to gain government approval for the project.

Once again: This is not okay. When you run for president, you cannot — you should not — put yourself in the position of using that candidacy as a door-opening business opportunity. You cannot — even if the prospect of winning seems remote — put yourself in a position of being financially beholden to a hostile foreign power.

The Trump Organization not only pursued this opportunity in secret, it — indeed, Trump himself — actively misled the public. Imagine how much more sharply people would have responded to Trump’s already repulsive praise of Russian President Vladimir Putin during that time — “He’s running his country, and at least he’s a leader, you know, unlike what we have in this country” — if they knew that Trump had just signed a letter of intent with a Russian firm to develop a Trump-branded tower in Moscow.

And as the question of Trump’s Russian connections became increasingly controversial, he somehow omitted the just-abandoned deal. “For the record, I have ZERO investments in Russia,” he tweeted in July 2016. This past January, as Trump prepared to take office, he reiterated, “I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH RUSSIA — NO DEALS, NO LOANS, NO NOTHING!” Shades of Bill Clinton — it depends on what the meaning of “have” is.

As recently as his interview this summer with the New York Times, Trump disingenuously played down his financial interests in Russia. “I mean, it’s possible there’s a condo or something, so, you know, I sell a lot of condo units, and somebody from Russia buys a condo, who knows? . . . They said I own buildings in Russia. I don’t. They said I made money from Russia. I don’t. It’s not my thing. I don’t, I don’t do that. Over the years, I’ve looked at maybe doing a deal in Russia, but I never did one.” Including the one he was pursuing while running for president, but failed to mention.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-deal-trump-wanted-with-russia/2017/09/01/5771e096-8f56-11e7-91d5-ab4e4bb76a3a_story.html?utm_term=.1c2517a37402

To: JEFF10307  (2 of 66) 
 208323.2 in reply to 208323.1 

You guys sure know how to pick 'em!

From: Vote out the Repukes in 2018 (1markl78)Sep-5 10:32 AM 
To: EastofWest  (3 of 66) 
 208323.3 in reply to 208323.1 

EastofWest said...

Over the years, I’ve looked at maybe doing a deal in Russia, but I never did one.” Including the one he was pursuing while running for president, but failed to mention.

Same with his son saying he had NO meetings with Russians.   Now we know he did and to lie and say it was about adoption was another lie.  The emails clearly stated it was to get dirt on Hillary.   Of course the Trumpie supporters don't read REAL news so they don't have a clue about any of this.    And the moron tRUMP supporters say well they didn't get any dirt on Hillary.  However that's NOT THE POINT. The point is Trumps son is a liar saying he never had any meeting with any Russians and to say it was about adoption is the SECOND LIE.

Why are Trump supporters so dumb?   I still can't figure it out...

To: Vote out the Repukes in 2018 (1markl78)  (4 of 66) 
 208323.4 in reply to 208323.3 
I can't figure it out either. I had no idea so many Americans were not only that stupid but also mean and horrible human beings.

From: Vote out the Repukes in 2018 (1markl78)Sep-5 3:16 PM 
To: EastofWest  (5 of 66) 
 208323.5 in reply to 208323.4 

But they do provide laughter....if anything.  :)

To: Vote out the Repukes in 2018 (1markl78)  (6 of 66) 
 208323.6 in reply to 208323.5 

Melania wasn't a dreamer. She wasn't taken here by her parents as a kid. She came here on her own volition. Mind you, I don't have any problem with her. 

From: Vote out the Repukes in 2018 (1markl78)Sep-5 3:45 PM 
To: EastofWest  (7 of 66) 
 208323.7 in reply to 208323.6 

It's a joke...she dreamed about marrying a billionaire.  I do have a problem with her representing the children of America.  As a parent and grandparent she's not someone to look up to...that's my story and I'm stickin to it.  :)

To: Vote out the Repukes in 2018 (1markl78)  (8 of 66) 
 208323.8 in reply to 208323.7 

"As a parent and grandparent she's not someone to look up to."

Compared to her husband, she's a saint.

From: Vote out the Repukes in 2018 (1markl78)Sep-6 11:11 AM 
To: EastofWest  (9 of 66) 
 208323.9 in reply to 208323.8 

She supports him....she's no saint. 

To: EastofWest  (10 of 66) 
 208323.10 in reply to 208323.1 

I think you may be shooting from the hip on Mr. Trump and the family's financial connections with Russia.  

I don't believe that we know for sure that Mr. Trump DOES have business connections with Russia.  

Where are the bona fides I wonder?

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-30 ... 41-50 51-60 61-66
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.