General Political -  No Deportation of U.S. Citizens (557 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 62) 

On a thread entitled "Anchors Aweigh" the person posting the information alleges "anchor babies," that is U.S. citizens born to undocumented parents, are being deported.   There is no link or reference for the information.   I have been net surfing but I cannot find and source that reports this allegation.    

Under current law all people born in the United States are citizens.   Period.   Birthright citizenship was established by the Reconstruction Amendments passed after the Civil War.   To change that would require a new amendment to the Constitution, a long and difficult process.   

Texas has been trying to get around the issue by refusing to issue birth certificates for children whose parents are undocumented.    A recent court decision found this illegal.   Texas being the place it is no doubt some registrars will try to evade the law but ultimately the law will prevail.   

Even if Texas were successful in denying a birth certificate to parents of U.S. born children those children still are citizens.   Even Texas cannot change that fact.   

We should not be deceived by people who are unable to distinguish between fact and their own fantasy.   People born in the US are citizens.   

To: Ishmael112  (2 of 62) 
 208370.2 in reply to 208370.1 

Ishmael112 said...

People born in the US are citizens.   

I have never seen anyone who says kids born in the US aren't citizens.  A lot of people, me included, think the Fourteenth Amendment has been bastardized by illegal aliens.  The 14th was ratified to provide citizenship to freed slaves.  It was never dreamed in 1868 that people would come to the US illegally and have kids who would then become "anchor babies."  But I fail to see a problem with those kids.  Deport the parents and they'll take the kids back with'em.  Either they take the kids with them or they'd have to find someone here to take over raising them.  

From: Hello! Have a great day (FlaBarbara41)Sep-7 9:01 PM 
To: Peacemaker45  (3 of 62) 
 208370.3 in reply to 208370.2 

Peacemaker45 said...(snip)

I have never seen anyone who says kids born in the US aren't citizens. 

Trump: 'Many' scholars say 'anchor babies' aren't covered by Constitution

Trump: 'Many' scholars say 'anchor babies' aren't covered by ...

Donald Trump says his plan to roll back birthright citizenship for children of illegal immigrants will pass constitutional muster

because "many of the great scholars say that anchor babies are not covered."

"Many of the great scholars" -- really? That comment caught our attention.

++

Anchor Babies  used to refer to a child born to a noncitizen mother in a country which has birthright citizenship, especially when viewed as providing an advantage to family members seeking to secure citizenship or legal residency.

To: Peacemaker45  (4 of 62) 
 208370.4 in reply to 208370.2 

Peacemaker45 said...

Deport the parents and they'll take the kids back with'em.  Either they take the kids with them or they'd have to find someone here to take over raising them.  

Of course in many cases one parent is a US citizen or alien admitted for permanent residence so both parents would not be deported.   But even if both parents are deported we cannot count on parents taking their children with them.   The children will be of varying ages and will have established their lives in American schools.   And we don't know that the parents' country would be willing to accept the children.   No doubt many children would stay in the US and become public charges.   Our welfare rolls would have an enormous increase.   Who pays the bill?   The Federal Government under Donald Trump?   

To: Hello! Have a great day (FlaBarbara41)  (5 of 62) 
 208370.5 in reply to 208370.3 

90% of Delphi has babs on ignore. (FlaBarbara41) said...

Donald Trump says his plan to roll back birthright citizenship for children of illegal immigrants will pass constitutional muster

Trump's wrong.  Denying birthright citizenship for children of illegal aliens can only pass Constitutional muster IF an Amendment to do so is ratified.  Until then, the Fourteenth Amendment is the trump card -- no pun intended.

?I do support such a Constitutional Amendment, but I don't expect it to happen.  Liberals are too committed to cultural suicide to allow change to birthright citizenship.

From: 2003 FLHRCI (MAC_MAC) DelphiPlus Member IconSep-8 1:09 PM 
To: Peacemaker45  (6 of 62) 
 208370.6 in reply to 208370.2 

"urteenth Amendment has been bastardized by illegal aliens."

By liberals to generate more voters

To: Ishmael112  (7 of 62) 
 208370.7 in reply to 208370.1 

>>>>On a thread entitled "Anchors Aweigh" the person posting the information alleges "anchor babies," that is U.S. citizens born to undocumented parents, are being deported. ?<<<<

More lies from someone on the left. American citizens cannot be deported, but if their parents are here illegally those parents can be deported, and it is up to them to decide what to do about their American children.

From: Hello! Have a great day (FlaBarbara41)Sep-8 2:26 PM 
To: Peacemaker45  (8 of 62) 
 208370.8 in reply to 208370.5 

Peacemaker45 said... (snip)

Liberals are too committed to cultural suicide to allow change to birthright citizenship.

and with President Trump leaning more and more to the left; I don't think he will bring it up -

besides a baby born in the United States today from an non-United State  birth mother can not vote for 18 years in a federal election -

To: Ishmael112  (9 of 62) 
 208370.9 in reply to 208370.1 

The poster in question is talking out his ass. 

From: Polter, just (polter) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostSep-8 2:34 PM 
To: 2003 FLHRCI (MAC_MAC) DelphiPlus Member Icon unread  (10 of 62) 
 208370.10 in reply to 208370.6 

They want em for votes (and they multiply fast) 

Catholic church wants them to save the U.S. churches, ditto

but will liberalism grab the future generations and drive the Catholic out of them?

Polter ~ Host of the Opinion Forum

ANTIFA =

Anti-First Amendment Fascists

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-30 ... 41-50 51-60 61-62
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.