General Political -  Pulling a Gun over Gas (654 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Vote out the Repukes in 2018 (1markl78)Sep-8 9:35 AM 
To: All  (1 of 67) 

Fight over a notebook pull out a gun.. and now gas.

A Man Just Pulled A Gun At A Miami Gas Station During Hurricane Irma Panic

While Republicans continue to vehemently defend putting guns in the hands of anyone who wants one, this video is a chilling reminder of the danger of indiscriminately arming those who should not be.

http://occupydemocrats.com/2017/09/07/a-man-just-pulled-gun-miami-gas-station-hurricane-irma-panic/

From: Vote out the Repukes in 2018 (1markl78)Sep-8 10:40 AM 
To: glocklover  (2 of 67) 
 208378.2 in reply to 208378.1 

b

To: Vote out the Repukes in 2018 (1markl78)  (3 of 67) 
 208378.3 in reply to 208378.1 

Republicans support gun ownership for criminals, those on the terrorist watch list, and the insane.  I bet this guy fits into one of those categories.

From: Vote out the Repukes in 2018 (1markl78)Sep-8 2:46 PM 
To: gottafly60  (4 of 67) 
 208378.4 in reply to 208378.3 

They support GUNS period no matter who has them.  What I don't get is if 2 guys jump you from behind... and you have a gun.. I doubt that gun is going to save you.  And they could take your gun from you and shoot you.

To: Vote out the Repukes in 2018 (1markl78)  (5 of 67) 
 208378.5 in reply to 208378.4 
They generally don't support minorities owning guns, though.

From: Vote out the Repukes in 2018 (1markl78)Sep-8 4:00 PM 
To: EastofWest  (6 of 67) 
 208378.6 in reply to 208378.5 

EastofWest said...

They generally don't support minorities owning guns, though.

That's true.  I forgot about that.   Remember when the Black Panthers in Calif. had guns at the state capitol? Reagan repealed the law allowing public carrying of loaded firearms and signed the Mulford Act.  I was living in Calif. at the time so I remember it well.

Reagan was at the capitol when the Black Panthers arrived/...he said there is no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons and that guns were a ridiculous way to solve problems, they should be solved among people of good will.   I'm betting the cons don't remember that.

To: Vote out the Repukes in 2018 (1markl78)  (7 of 67) 
 208378.7 in reply to 208378.1 

The article does not say whether the man with the gun was a legal gun owner, he may have been a criminal possessing the gun illegally. The article does not state what the reason for drawing the gun was, he could have been threatened by the other person. More facts are needed but are evidently not available, or at least not presented by he obviously anti-gun rights reporter.

Republicans continue to vehemently defend putting guns in the hands of anyone who wants one…

Actually Second Amendment supporters, including many Republicans, do recognize the need to place a few limits on gun ownership as indicated by the NICS background checks.

As far as limiting those on the watch lists from having guns there are very legitimate reasons why that is opposed, primarily because there is no due process to get on the list or an ability to get off the list(s).

What I don't get is if 2 guys jump you from behind... and you have a gun.. I doubt that gun is going to save you.

That is why situational awareness is so important to everyone.

Being jumped and not having a gun decreases your survival chances even more.

• Edited September 9, 2017 7:26 am  by  EdGlaze

From: Vote out the Repukes in 2018 (1markl78)Sep-9 7:58 AM 
To: EdGlaze DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 67) 
 208378.8 in reply to 208378.7 

Being jumped from behind by 2 men will not help you survive especially if they grab your gun.

The article about pulling a gun over gas, was to show how in states where you can carry a gun just proves you never know what some nut will do.  Fortunately in this case the guy sped off and no one was injured or killed. 

To: Vote out the Repukes in 2018 (1markl78)  (9 of 67) 
 208378.9 in reply to 208378.8 

People can carry guns in every state, though it is difficult in a few.

The nuts you are most likely to come across are criminals who you need protection from, not legal concealed carriers who are among the most law abiding of all.

Take the data for Texas in the newest report from the Crime Prevention Research Center. In 2016, only 0.00067% of permit holders were convicted of an aggravated assault (with or without a firearm). And there is the presumption that some of Texas’ 1.2 million permit holders would have committed such a crime even if concealed handgun permits weren’t allowed. (Of course, this ignores any benefits from these permit holders.)

From: Vote out the Repukes in 2018 (1markl78)Sep-9 8:46 AM 
To: EdGlaze DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 67) 
 208378.10 in reply to 208378.9 

EdGlaze said...

though it is difficult in a few.

I live in one of the difficult states.  You can't even carry a loaded gun in your car.  Never owned a gun and never wanted one. 

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-30 ... 41-50 51-60 61-67
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.