Polymer Clay Talk -  A Better Scumbuster  (172 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 8) 
I picked up a second Scumbuster at a yard sale today only to get it home and realize that the attachment we use for sanding was missing. :( So being stubborn and creative, I looked over the other attachments and let my mind go to work. There is one attachment with 3 sets or spiky wheel that I have no idea what it is supposed to be for LOL, but with some elbow grease and a hack saw it's now my bigger better improved Scumbuster pad holder. The pictures are narrated to help with what I did with help from my DH. :)

Edited 6/23/2003 2:55:37 AM ET by tkaylen

Reply   Options 

From: Patti Stoll (PStoll2) DelphiPlus Member Icon6/23/03 3:07 AM 
To: T-Roo (tkaylen)  (2 of 8) 
 26078.2 in reply to 26078.1 
Woaaa! Way to go! I just bought a new one so just happen to know what those little spikey wheels are for (I have the booklet). They were SUPPOSE to be for lifting the nap on your carpet after scrubbing it. Now, I picture me, on hands and knees, working over my entire living room with the little scrubber dealy-o, then going back again and lifting up all of it's nap---I think NOT! What a nightmare picture.

I don't know what B&D was thinking with those parts, insinuating that you would use the machine for anything besides small areas, but it sure makes a great sander for us PC fiends. And now, you have found, IMHO, a MUCH better use for that particular attachment (rummaging around for my hacksaw and velcro now.....)
Thanks, Tonja!
Patti

To: Patti Stoll (PStoll2) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 8) 
 26078.3 in reply to 26078.2 
<G> You're welcome.
I can't picture myself on hands and knees using that attachment proper either. LOL

To: T-Roo (tkaylen)  (4 of 8) 
 26078.4 in reply to 26078.1 
My goodness--you are so imaginative! Cool...

To: Patti Stoll (PStoll2) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 8) 
 26078.5 in reply to 26078.2 
LOL--lifting your carpet nap--too funny! That's like this rake thingy I've seen for sale for doing the same thing after you've vacuumed so that you can't see the vacuum marks. I'm lucky if the carpet just gets vacuumed!

To: Pamela (pamhall00)  (6 of 8) 
 26078.6 in reply to 26078.4 
Thank you. :) All the hard work goes to my hubby. He's so very handy to have around. I was afraid to try and cut it. Hack saws and me don't get along. LOL

From: FabFrippist (MsSera) DelphiPlus Member Icon6/23/03 9:57 PM 
To: T-Roo (tkaylen)  (7 of 8) 
 26078.7 in reply to 26078.1 
Tonja,

You are a legend!

I've never seen a scumbuster in Oz - I ended up buying a 'detail sander' (lol) which is so loud and heavy I can't bear to use it.

How typically tonja-ish to go to all this trouble and make a lovely scumbuster-modification lesson!

Hugz,
Sera

To: FabFrippist (MsSera) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 8) 
 26078.8 in reply to 26078.7 
LOL Thank you, Sera. The hard part was all my hubby. He's a keeper.

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.