Books/Resources/ClayCyclopedia -  Jana's Arabesque Canes DVD (421 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Chris (rutterc) DelphiPlus Member Icon12/25/07 1:15 PM 
To: All  (1 of 43) 

What a fun Christmas morning I've had! I just snuggled down with a nice hot cup of coffee and some home made oatmeal raisin cookies and watched more than two hours of Jana making a beautiful Arabesque cane. I ordered the DVD as a Christmas present to myself (grin)... and it came in the mail yesterday.

Now keep in mind that I don't make very good canes (actually they're awful)... but Jana's video is so precise and explains things so well that I finally think I understand the process much better. After the holidays are all over and I have some peaceful time to clay, I'm actually going to attempt to make my own design of an Arabesque cane. Never thought I would say that, but yes... me making a cane... I think I can do it! Now, of course I don't expect it to be near as good as the master's, but I am at least not afraid to give it a try.

I really enjoyed this video, and feel like I got a lot out of it.

Thanks Jana!!

Reply   Options 

To: Chris (rutterc) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 43) 
 56292.2 in reply to 56292.1 
You deserve that special "treat"..enjoy it!  Hope you're having a great Christmas(I'm going over my sister's in a bit)  I have 3 whole days OFF & I'm going to try to actually get some real serious crafting done.  I need the peace & quiet.   Talk to you later(Oh,I checked out your flickr stuff...neat,can't wait to see some of your canes up there,too.)

To: Chris (rutterc) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 43) 
 56292.3 in reply to 56292.1 

You're so brave, Chris! Glad you got your Christmas present on time - and lucky you with those oatmeal raisin cookies and a blankie! Sounds good to me about now....

I had a lovely morning, too, with so many fun presents, woo! Merry Christmas.

Jackie

From: StarGazer (STARGAZERCA) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host12/26/07 1:22 AM 
To: Chris (rutterc) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 43) 
 56292.4 in reply to 56292.1 
Good for you!  :)    I ordered the DVD too, a couple days ago...  if i'm lucky, i'll have a terrific New Years Eve...  heh-heh-heh    I can't think of a better way to ring in the new year...  :)

From: Chris (rutterc) DelphiPlus Member Icon12/26/07 12:08 PM 
To: katymeg  (5 of 43) 
 56292.5 in reply to 56292.2 
Thanks Katy... have fun claying! :)

From: Chris (rutterc) DelphiPlus Member Icon12/26/07 12:09 PM 
To: 7Jackie DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 43) 
 56292.6 in reply to 56292.3 
Jackie... you know I'm not brave... lol. But you know, if I screw up it won't be the first time! :D

From: Chris (rutterc) DelphiPlus Member Icon12/26/07 12:11 PM 
To: StarGazer (STARGAZERCA) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 43) 
 56292.7 in reply to 56292.4 

Now that sounds like a great New Year's eve... a glass of wine and a table full of clay! :)

You will love the DVD. I really cracked up when I watched her reduce that big cane on her basement floor. WHACK!!! lol

To: Chris (rutterc) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 43) 
 56292.8 in reply to 56292.6 

Well - that's brave, isn't it? Knowing that you ~might~ mess it up, but going forward anyway. (that's one of my troubles - being afraid to try. I have to force myself often to go forward.)

Jackie

From: janalouise DelphiPlus Member Icon12/28/07 12:39 PM 
To: Chris (rutterc) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 43) 
 56292.9 in reply to 56292.1 

What fun to run across this thread....I'm so glad to know that you're liking the DVD, Chris, (and getting a kick out of me on the floor of the filming studio!....hey, in my book, whatever works!  and, a solid [especially cement] floor works beautifully, for so many reasons, when reducing a cane)...

would love to see pictures of your canes!!

hugs,

j

www.janarobertsbenzon.com

From: Parymdk DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host12/28/07 1:07 PM 
To: janalouise DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 43) 
 56292.10 in reply to 56292.9 

but...is the reduction set to music? like *Beat it* or something just as fun??

<smooch>

Dragonsglass.com
Creative Arts of the Soul
Check out the new stuff at the
Dragonsglass CafePress store
Check out Dragonsglass's Etsy Shop!

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-30 31-40 41-43
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.