Books/Resources/ClayCyclopedia -  Polymer Cafe back issues (249 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 12) 

Are you interested in getting back issues of Polymer Clay Cafe magazine? Would you be willing to obtain them on a CD Rom?

Here's the story.  I'm sure many of you are familiar with the no longer published magazine, "Expression".  It was a multi media publication mainly rubber stamping, paper arts and polymer clay.  They had other things too,  like gourds, beads. The projects were great. I was guilty of not subscribing, but I made sure I bought my copy at the craft store. It was published 6 times per year.  I discovered it in late 2002 and was hooked. The back issues were out of print. 

I recently called them to find out why I couldn't find the magazine anymore and was told they had to stop publication due to low amount of subscriptions. So I went to their site to get the issues I missed in 2005 and they had the 2002 magazines for sale on CDRom for $14.95. They also had the last issue, Jan/Feb2006 on CDRom for $9.95. I purchased them right away and now I have the entire collection. 

I went to the Polymer Cafe website to see if I could score the back issues and they are completely sold out. So, I wrote an email to polymercontact@scottpublications.com asking them if they would be willing to consider putting their back issues on CDRom. I received a reply stating that they are not going to be printing any back issues and their oldest issue available is Winter "04. However, she stated that she was redirecting my email to the publisher to show that there is an interest in obtaining the back issues.

If we all band together and send individual emails to the address above, the publisher will see there is an interest and maybe they will consider making the back issues available in some form. So, please, if you would like to obtain the back issues without paying a fortune with hit and misses on ebay, write to the above email address and express your interest in the back issues. It will only take a moment and we might accomplish our goal. I am going to post this at other polymer clay boards as well and maybe we will get a favorable response. Thanks

Options

Options  Reply

Reply   Options 

To: Ianavak  (2 of 12) 
 57223.2 in reply to 57223.1 

To: T-Roo (tkaylen)  (3 of 12) 
 57223.3 in reply to 57223.2 
I got that email address from their website and I received the reply from the Assistant Editor, Laurel Sass. She forwarded my email to the Manager of Circulation & Distribution, Jeanette Foxe. Laurel Sass' email address is lsass@scottpublications.com.

To: T-Roo (tkaylen)  (4 of 12) 
 57223.4 in reply to 57223.2 

I got that email address from the polymercafe.com site on the bottom of the home page where it says "contact us". Sorry forgot to tell you that.

To: Ianavak  (5 of 12) 
 57223.5 in reply to 57223.4 
I just checked their web page. They're are 4 email addresses you can use, depending on what sort of question you have. I don't see one that says polymercontact@ just polymercafe@

To: T-Roo (tkaylen)  (6 of 12) 
 57223.6 in reply to 57223.5 

http://www.polymercafe.com/index.html

go to their home page at www.polymercafe.com and scroll to the bottom. On the left is the link "email us". That's it.

To: T-Roo (tkaylen)  (7 of 12) 
 57223.7 in reply to 57223.5 
Did you find the link on the polymercafe website yet? It's almost to the bottom on the left.

To: Ianavak  (8 of 12) 
 57223.8 in reply to 57223.7 

To: T-Roo (tkaylen)  (9 of 12) 
 57223.9 in reply to 57223.8 
Oh good will you help and write them?

To: Ianavak  (10 of 12) 
 57223.10 in reply to 57223.9 

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-12
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.