Books/Resources/ClayCyclopedia -  a good jewelry making book? (88 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 4) 

An suggestions?  I saw one that really looks great, by the lady who writes on Bella-online, but I'd like to see a few more. TIA, Vicky

Reply   Options 

To: vedwards143  (2 of 4) 
 59410.2 in reply to 59410.1 

What exactly are you looking for, Vicky? I can recommend a super basic book that is really awesome - it's the Klutz bead making book (can't remember it's exact name) and it really covers all the basics. It's aimed at teens but I loved it when I didn't know what I was doing. It comes with some beads to use in the projects. I just gave it to my granddaughter this weekend.

Now for advanced work that leans heavily on using lots of wire... Bead on a Wire is the book to get, IMO. But it's mostly about wire (wrapping, etc.) although does have some bead stringing info, if I remember correctly.

Hope this helps - I'm sure others will be here with lots of other ideas for you.

Jackie

To: vedwards143  (3 of 4) 
 59410.3 in reply to 59410.1 

Hi Vicky,

I have a Barnes & Noble bookstore (in Amarillo, TX)that I just adore. In fact they know me well by now. I check the new beading and jewelry books and magazines several times a month. I own quite a few also. I think that's the best way to get exactly what you want. Amazon online has some books that you can "look inside" and tell rather quickly if they are what you are looking for. Hope this helps,

Kathy in NM

To: vedwards143  (4 of 4) 
 59410.4 in reply to 59410.1 
i really like the one by carol blackburn..its a great book. sandie

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.