Books/Resources/ClayCyclopedia -  Tory Hughes DVD s (290 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 11) 

Just wanted to share... I love them,, jam packed with detail and visual. Nice variety of not only techniques but also application of techniques in more then one project with lots of discussion of hows, whys. It's good for me actually being able to see someone working and handling the clay first hand.. And Tory is a delightful person to keep it fun and interesting  just can't help to want to get going and join in... Very nicely done series of videos..

Spent today making stamps and molds and mixing colors around.  I had read techniques before from other sources,, but seeing it done, and listening to all the great tid bits of information as you go along to see it, really put things together.

Have fun..

Reply   Options 

To: Kattabalou  (2 of 11) 
 60290.2 in reply to 60290.1 

I only have one of her vhs tapes. I tried for another one on ebay this week but had to quit after it got over $20. :-(  (And that was really too much, but I wanted it!) Watching someone really does make a difference, doesn't it?  Someday I'll get to go to a class and watch someone in person I hope.

MaryKay

To: MaryKay71  (3 of 11) 
 60290.3 in reply to 60290.2 

Which one did you get MaryKay ?  Sorry you missed out on the second one hopefully there will be more to try for.     It really does help to see it  when you have no experience to draw from about the materials. Always fustrating to me to have ideas in your head and don't know how to get there...lol... She really does have a nice way of setting up  and working through her classes.

To: MaryKay71  (4 of 11) 
 60290.4 in reply to 60290.2 

Hi Mary Kay

Which tape did you want? I have some of hers that I am looking to sell. Maybe we can work something out?

Kimba

To: Kimba (mackimba)  (5 of 11) 
 60290.5 in reply to 60290.4 

Hi Kimba, I am not sure which one it was that was on ebay recently.  I already have the one on buttons and the one of faux ivory and bone. tory Hughes makes me feel right at home when she is teaching.  Do you have a favorite other than those two?  My dh and I were talking recently and since I am only playing with clay and loving it, but not trying to make a living, I really can't afford to spend the money going to the classes, especially since there are no guilds or classes in our area. And this is the first time that I have ever had a hobby that he hasn't suggested that I try to make it pay for itself.  He sees how much pleasure I get out of making things and just giving them to friends and family.   But it does make sense to learn by getting dvds and tapes.  I also have Judy Belcher's Millefiori Story dvd and love it. I have learned so much from it.  Do you have any other suggestions for dvds and tapes? 

MaryKay

To: MaryKay71  (6 of 11) 
 60290.6 in reply to 60290.5 

Hey MaryKay, here's a link that shows different types  of the video classes that are out there..

http://www.abbadabbavideo.com/ 

also you can go to www.toryhughes.com and read what each class is about.

I work on recreating Jade this evening, went a bit crazy with the translucent and made little test squares of different colors mixed with it.  Then did the projects  I pretty much used any colors I wanted and they worked just as nice for the effect..

To: MaryKay71  (7 of 11) 
 60290.7 in reply to 60290.6 

From: Cat (THERIEN) DelphiPlus Member Icon1/15/09 9:46 AM 
To: Kattabalou  (8 of 11) 
 60290.8 in reply to 60290.7 

Wow, Smartflix has a great selection!

Cat

My website: www.catherienarts.com             Sign up for my Newsletter

My Etsy shop    My eBay Store    My Flickr Gallery

To: Cat (THERIEN) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 11) 
 60290.9 in reply to 60290.8 

They have alot of interesting subject areas too. I am not sure exactly how it works on how long you get to keep them,. Most of the titles I found interesting had a note of very long wait for the video..?? So that may be a draw back to the way it is set up. 

From: The Red Crone (BWetteland) DelphiPlus Member Icon1/17/09 2:56 PM 
To: Kattabalou  (10 of 11) 
 60290.10 in reply to 60290.7 

Thanks so very much for the link to that dvd rental site. I am so excited to see the list of videos they have available. I'm in an area that has no guilds or PC associations and have tried and tried to get some interest going but to no avail. With this site, I can study in my own studio and get the in depth info I've been hungry for. Books are great but demos are where it's at. The ones that are offered on this site are super but the problem is I don't have a computer in my studio and can't really afford the cost of wiring it would take to do it so this video rental thingy is FABULOUS!!

Thanks again PC central. You always come through!

Barbara

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.