Books/Resources/ClayCyclopedia -  Rolling Pin with O-Rings (128 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Jenn (Devilsgirl3) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host1/28/09 3:36 PM 
To: All  (1 of 7) 
I've seen Doc Sarah mention using a rolling pin with o-rings on it to roll out larger sheets of clay to a specific thickness, and then I saw that Wilton had done the work for us.  I give you the Wilton Perfect Height Rolling Pin, which I saw while poking around in the fondant/cake decorating aisle of Michaels or AC Moore (can't recall which). 

According to the Wilton website,  you can roll out a 9" wide sheet to 1/8" thick using one of these tools. 

Sounds like it could be a handy gadget.

Reply   Options 

To: Jenn (Devilsgirl3) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 7) 
 60436.2 in reply to 60436.1 
Donna Kato sells one too. So does CoolTools, a PMC supplier.

To: Jenn (Devilsgirl3) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 7) 
 60436.3 in reply to 60436.1 

Thanks! That's a cool tool. It's a good idea even for - gasp! - fondant!!

Jackie

To: 7Jackie DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 7) 
 60436.4 in reply to 60436.3 
LOL Jackie!! Yah using it to roll out fondant would be like using the pasta machine for pasta <gasp>
Hugs, Toni
http://www.flickr.com/photos/toniransfield/

To: Jenn (Devilsgirl3) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 7) 
 60436.5 in reply to 60436.1 

That could be very handy! I was just telling my sister-in-law some basic tools to get started....that might fall into that category if you weren't quite ready to commit to a pasta machine.

Susan

To: aramina5 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 7) 
 60436.6 in reply to 60436.5 
Make sure it is heavy. I can't tell from the picture, but a very lightweight roller would be more frustrating than helpful. I use the O rings on my Persuader (www.monakissel.com under tools) which has a lot of heft, but the solid acrylic rollers work well too. A hollow plastic roller might not hold up - so I'd examine it in person before recommending....

To: Jenn (Devilsgirl3) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 7) 
 60436.7 in reply to 60436.1 

As someone who was into cake decorating prior to polymer clay, I do not recomend using any Wiltons tools on the clay, they are a plastic that doesn't react well to clay.  And vica versa.  Now, it was not a roller that I stole from my cake decorating stuff to use on my clay stuff, but the tool and the clay stuck to each other.

>I have my blog and my art at DeviantArtClick Here

>To my Etsy shop Click Here
Fire and Ice siggy
It’s never too late to be who you were meant to be - George Eliot

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.