I have to say that this is probably one of the most difficult minis I've ever made! I really didn't think it would be. The rice was easier to do!!
Getting the texture and the colour right was an absolute bear. The cooked dish has a curry tint to the meat and an egg wash on top. Being ground beef, I wanted the rough texture one would get when it's sliced.
I wound up experimenting with meat mixes. Finally grated and chilled, grated and chilled, till I was happy with the colour mix. Cured it and grated it again. Out came the fimo gel and a whole bunch of acrylic inks and a palette knife. Mix and adjust colour, mix some more, adjust colour. This went on for over an hour till I got the colour right! ugh! The resulting mixture went into the dishes I'ld made, relative portions removed from two of them, the rest left intact to be sliced. The egg wash was done with TLS with a little yellow ink added to get the beaten egg look.
This is definitely going to be a One of a Kind miniature. Not in any hurry to repeat that experiment. I still have a bit of the meat mixture left and safely put away.
Thank goodness I started the day off making miniature bread - a whole bunch of different ones.
Trying to figure if I've got the energy to try and do the chops tonight, or if I should wait till tomorrow.