Books/Resources/ClayCyclopedia -  What's in Sculpting Mythical Charaters (210 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 8) 

Hi everyone, I just thought I'd post pictures of the array of characters that Boris and I show how to make in our new book Sculpting Mythical Creatures, since this seems to be missing from reviews and sneak peaks so far - pictures, worth a 1000 words each :). You probably know from Boris' post that http://www.mythcritters.com is the official blog for the book, which we hope will be a place where you can comment, get extra insight, ask questions if there are any, see outtakes, "the making of", and get more tips and ideas. If you are trying your hand at any of the projects in the book and have commenta or want to talk to us, you are more than welcome, we want to make it more interactive, in the spirit of the polymer clay community that gathers here.

Cheers,

Dinko

• Edited 5/5/2009 5:15 am by Dinko Tilov (FIGURINES)

Reply   Options 

From: Pam (Mousefingers) DelphiPlus Member Icon5/5/09 6:01 AM 
To: Dinko Tilov (FIGURINES)  (2 of 8) 
 61450.2 in reply to 61450.1 
Dinko,

I adore your Mythical Creatures. Each one has such different personality. I know I can see mischief in the eyes of a couple of them. I wonder if they come to life after you leave the studio.

I had a lot of fun when I tried my hand at sculpting your "Birds with Teeth" series of critters. I created a small zoo of Faux Dinko creatures. It was great because your directions made it easy for me to look like I had a real sculpting talent, success is so important when you are just starting out.

I wish you and Boris much success with your new book and your blog. I think it's wonderful and I hope you keep posting here to keep us informed with everything.

Pam

From: Chris (rutterc) DelphiPlus Member Icon5/5/09 7:51 AM 
To: Dinko Tilov (FIGURINES)  (3 of 8) 
 61450.3 in reply to 61450.1 
Dinko... those are wonderful! I especially love the mermaid... she made me laugh. Nice work. :)

From: StarGazer (STARGAZERCA) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host5/5/09 8:30 PM 
To: Dinko Tilov (FIGURINES)  (4 of 8) 
 61450.4 in reply to 61450.1 

Wahoo!!

I just received an email from Amazon telling me that my copy of Sculpting Mythical Creatures has shipped!  Yay!

- providing FREE weekly Polymer Clay demos for OVER 5 Years!
My Photo Site

To: Pam (Mousefingers) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 8) 
 61450.5 in reply to 61450.2 

Hi Pam,

I am very happy you found some of the projects useful. The message we are trying to pass is precisely this - anyone can sculpt like a pro. We will try to make a sincere effort to be more present on PCC and generally try to devote more time to the clay, which has always been a standing goal that's never reached, at least to my satosfaction :) Please make sure to let me or Boris know if you have any questions on any of the projects.

Cheers,

Dinko

http://funclay.com

To: StarGazer (STARGAZERCA) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 8) 
 61450.6 in reply to 61450.4 
This will sound funny, but I got mine just yesterday :) That is excluding draft copies of course.

From: StarGazer (STARGAZERCA) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host5/9/09 2:39 PM 
To: Dinko Tilov (FIGURINES)  (7 of 8) 
 61450.7 in reply to 61450.6 
I've flipped throught the book briefly - haven't had time to read it yet with working full time, etc. - so far, it looks terrific!  I kept finding myself smiling all the time when looking at the pictures of your characters.  Totally cool!!

- providing FREE weekly Polymer Clay demos for OVER 5 Years!
My Photo Site

To: StarGazer (STARGAZERCA) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 8) 
 61450.8 in reply to 61450.7 

Boris and I are very happy you like our mythical creatures. :)

Cheers,
Dinko
funclay.com

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.