Swap Activities -  question about the coasters (80 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 3) 

Hi,
I've never done anything except pendants and beads with polymer, but It just came to me that they would make a great gift for Xmas. I have several friends who don't need anymore earrings or pendants from me. My question is how thick to make the coaster. I noticed most of them have a ridge or edge around them so I can't tell how thick they are.

Luz

Reply   Options 

From: crafts4joy DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host11/30/10 3:00 PM 
To: pcliz  (2 of 3) 
 66355.2 in reply to 66355.1 
My coasters (the black ones with the geometric skinner-blend pattern on it) are 2 layers thick - widest setting in pasta machine. And on top of that there's a thin layer of resin. I meanwhile have made thinner coasters where the bottom layer is not quite as thick, the layer on top of that (which normally has the pattern) is usually still as thick as the widest setting and then the layer of resin. Anyway, the thickness of the coasters that I make is usually about 1/4 inch thick (I usually have a 1/4 inch rim to hold the resin and the resin stays below the top of the rim). This does not include whatever you put on the bottom to stop the coasters from potentially scratching precious furniture.
They are fun to make. Enjoy your 'new endeavor'!

• Edited 11/30/2010 3:03 pm by crafts4joy

To: crafts4joy DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 3) 
 66355.3 in reply to 66355.2 
Thanks for the info. I have some thin cork on a roll that I've had for ages. I've been tempted to throw it out several times, thinking I'd never use it (no idea why I ever bought it). I've got everything I need, now all I have to do is get cranking with the pasta machine.
Liz

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.