Books/Resources/ClayCyclopedia -  attn: authors--book theft (143 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 8) 
it has come to my attention that a company at http://ebookee.org is offering free downloads of books that they have stolen. If you are an author, you may wish to contact them or have your lawyers do so. I am doing so. As someone who relies on the small income I make as an author to help feed me and my children, I find it very discouraging that they are stealing so many authors' work. I labored long to write and photograph and layout my books, and don't appreciate having them stolen.

Reply   Options 

From: Donna (DonnaHIngram) DelphiPlus Member Icon2/11/11 1:45 PM 
To: SJPOLYCLAY  (2 of 8) 
 66878.2 in reply to 66878.1 
I think it is horrible that anyone has to steal someone's hard work to profit. I know you have worked hard for your book and hope you can get something done with it. xxx

To: SJPOLYCLAY  (3 of 8) 
 66878.3 in reply to 66878.1 
Thanks for the tip! Didn't find mine on there, thank goodness, though Google Books posted one of them before publishers started filing copyright complaints against them. So sorry that they stole yours, though. Best of luck with the legal action.

To: SJPOLYCLAY  (4 of 8) 
 66878.4 in reply to 66878.1 

OMG Sarajane, That's horrible! (though in a very dark way kind of flattering <G!>) It's hard enough for an artist to survive without such blatant stealing. I hope that you are able to effect a cease and desist on them......and fie and a pox be on their house!

(Thanks so much for the head's up. Our are not listed there. Thank goodness.)

Anita in AZ

www.melobeau.blogspot.com
www.MelodyObeauDesigns.com

To: SJPOLYCLAY  (5 of 8) 
 66878.5 in reply to 66878.1 

SJ, I hate it when people steal.  As a private business owner, I understand how much blood, sweat, and tears goes into running a business. And small business owners ger very, very few breaks, not to mention, the taxing system eats us alive!  Thanks for giving us a heads up.

MK Ozarks

From: Sue C (suec_2) DelphiPlus Member Icon2/12/11 2:04 PM 
To: SJPOLYCLAY  (6 of 8) 
 66878.6 in reply to 66878.1 
There are about 100 in Polymer Clay, including Donna Kato, Maureen Carlson, Lisa Pavelka, Katherine Dewey, Jessica Partain, Susan Partain, and lots of others, if you know any of these people, pass the word along. I'm so sorry Sarah Jane, that this happened to you and was amazed at the number of Polymer Clay books they are offering for free download.

To: SJPOLYCLAY  (7 of 8) 
 66878.7 in reply to 66878.1 

I just posted a comment at their site, and I am emailing the various professional Librarian lists about it. (We tend to help people locate ebooks, but not when they violate copyright.)

I don't think their disclaimer is enough -- I suspect they can be sued, and should be. But what I really suspect -- and no, I don't have proof -- is that they are phishing for membership info -- credit or debit card numbers, among other things. People unscrupulous (or naive) enough to fall for their scam might be jeopardizing their personal security.

Sherry Bailey

(Go get em', SJ! Nice to have a laywer in the family. You might only need legal letterhead to get their attention!)

To: SherryBinNH  (8 of 8) 
 66878.8 in reply to 66878.7 

I just did a "whois" search. This site is in China, a country well known for abuse of copyright.

A web review claims it is a scam site to steal identy info.

Sherry Bailey

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.