TIPS, TRICKS and TIDBITS -  What ink do I use to stamp on pc? (188 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 9) 
I would like to stamp with ink on pc but do not know what type to use. Is it then bakable? (word?) do I stamp after the pc is baked? Thanks for any tips or advice.

Reply   Options 

To: stitchgirl1  (2 of 9) 
 67144.2 in reply to 67144.1 

I use Staz-On ink, on raw clay.  I know different people use dye based ink, but I prefer the Staz-On 'cause it dries quicker.  You can also use alcohol inks for color, but I haven't tried "stamping" with it.  Hope this helps...

Pam   =0)

To: beadcrzy  (3 of 9) 
 67144.3 in reply to 67144.2 
I'll try. Can I buy them at any craft store?

From: Jenn (Devilsgirl3) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host3/10/11 10:29 PM 
To: stitchgirl1  (4 of 9) 
 67144.4 in reply to 67144.1 

I agree that StazOn is a pretty good option. When you buy the ink pad, buy one of their cleaners, too, as nothing else works as well to remove the ink from your stamps.

I've bought both StazOn and cleaner at both Michaels and AC Moore.

To: stitchgirl1  (5 of 9) 
 67144.5 in reply to 67144.1 

Hi,
I have had the best results with Staz-on, and I also like the Ancient Page inks. I just tried some other ink that I like also - can't remember the exact name, but they come in a little "cat's eye" shaped container that is stackable. I have tried the Studio G inks and don't like them; they seem to be very dull looking on clay.

Liz

To: Jenn (Devilsgirl3) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 9) 
 67144.6 in reply to 67144.4 
thanks for the help. i will be at michaels promptly. (one of my favorite places)

To: stitchgirl1  (7 of 9) 
 67144.7 in reply to 67144.1 
Brilliance pads work good, but dry a little slow. Love their metallic colors.
Staz-on dries really fast and works nice too. Make sure you clean your stamps immediately though.
LOVE the fluid chalk inks, but  dries pretty slow.
One of my favorites are Clearsnap Ancient Page inks, great colors and permanent, dries a little slow.
Alcohol inks can be dabbed on stamps. Works a lot like Staz-on in my experience, but you get a more translucent effect. Clean stamp immediately.
Palette Hybrid ink is really nice too. Ink dries pretty fast. Nice colors.

That's all the ones I've tried :)

From: Rebecca (Tx_Becca) DelphiPlus Member Icon3/21/11 11:17 AM 
To: stitchgirl1  (8 of 9) 
 67144.8 in reply to 67144.1 
As mentioned Staz-on and Brilliance are the best must be a permanent ink. .. Pass over with a heat gun if you need it to dry. I stamp with Arcylic paint also.. Just paint it on my stamp pad.. then press.. just make sure you wash the stamp well when done.

To: Rebecca (Tx_Becca) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 9) 
 67144.9 in reply to 67144.8 
Thanks I will try it. Elaine

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.