Sculpture and Miniatures -  TINY armatures (112 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 3) 
Trying to make a bunch of small figurines (none over 1.5") hopefully. They are going to be little worksmen.. wondering if I should make armatures for them at all and if so what kind of wire could I use? Links appreciated!

Reply   Options 

To: ctriana921  (2 of 3) 
 67534.2 in reply to 67534.1 

I make figures of around that size and don't bother with armatures. But mine are fairly "chunky" little "monsters". However, if I did decide to use one, I would use "fun wire". It is craft wire that is coated with a colorful plastic. Same as the plastic-coated paperclips, which you could also use.

The "recyclers" way is to use old telephone cable wire - the kind you find on building sites; a cable 1/2" thick or so has dozens of strands of plastic coated copper wire inside. There are six or eight different bright colors.

Personally I use it for flower stamens, flower stems, "monster hair", whiskers, and other fun things. Clay bakes to the coating really well, and especially with a drop of liquid clay, doesn't come apart at all easily.

To: ctriana921 unread  (3 of 3) 
 67534.3 in reply to 67534.1 
I use small paperclips for my smaller creatures, or toothpicks if they require less support for chunky or seated characters

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.