BreakRoom/Almost Anything Goes -  Cold sore help....seems to work! (28 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 3) 
A year or more ago someone (I think it was Ginger) posted what she thought was a weird remedy for cold sores.  I tried it and it works!  I thought I would pass it on to the needy.  When those things flare up it can ruin your life for the moment.  The needed product is rubbing alcohol.  Her advice is to apply rubbing alcohol to the area AS SOON AS YOU FEEL THAT CRUMMY TINGLING.  When you KNOW that you are about to sport a cold sore apply rubbing alcohol to that area.  It dries out the environment and the cold sore doesn't take hold.  I just thwarted one the other day.  Stopped it dead in it's tracks.  If you have one that has already materialized you can still use the rubbing alcohol, but it will sting.  But you will see that you are drying the sucker up.  Apply whenever you think about it.

HTH,
Pam from Michigan

p.s.  Has anyone heard from Ginger lately?

Reply   Options 

To: skywardbound  (2 of 3) 
 69104.2 in reply to 69104.1 

Hi Pam,

I have used this remedy for years and it really does work. As you said, it stops them in their tracks. I'm sure a lot of people will thank you for the reminder. Those suckers can hurt if you don't stop them.

Jay

To: skywardbound  (3 of 3) 
 69104.3 in reply to 69104.1 
Ginger is dandy.  :D

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.