BreakRoom/Almost Anything Goes -  Pinterest (73 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: TbyTrina  (10 of 15) 
 69204.10 in reply to 69204.9 
They've just changed their Terms of Service and copyright info, and no longer claim the right to sell uploaded images. 

Reply   Options 

To: SJPOLYCLAY  (11 of 15) 
 69204.11 in reply to 69204.10 

Well, that is good news. Because I noticed more artists were staying on than leaving.

Thanks for the update.

Trina

To: TbyTrina  (12 of 15) 
 69204.12 in reply to 69204.1 
I may be in the minority, but I figure when I post anything onto a global entity that starts with the words "world wide" and then go as far as posting it on someone else's equipment (data servers) without being charged for taking up their space and using their energy resources, I will not be surprised if that entity considers it theirs and decides they will do whatever they want with what I placed on their property.

Specifically wrt Pinterest, it seems to me a lot of what is posted has already been posted on the web somewhere else, usually another photo gallery or blog. Not much expectation of protection in those cases.

I think if artists want to post their work on someone else's servers for without being charged, they should not be surprised at some level of unauthorized "sharing". Tis the price one pays for not paying.

If they want to balance sharing with some level of protection, they should might consider overlaying copyright marks on their images like sites that sell photos do. It's mars the artwork, but it makes it harder to thieves to claim the image as their own.

Desiree
Prez & Co-Founder, South Bay Polymer Clay Guild

To view my polymer clay galleries and lessons, you're invited to visit my website:
http://desiredcreations.com

To: desireem1  (13 of 15) 
 69204.13 in reply to 69204.12 

Good point, Des. I'll still never forget the time years ago when I was taken to task for posting a picture of a kite pin I had made (and was for sale) as infringing on this other persons so called copy right when she had published a tutorial in a magazine (which I did not happen to see). Anyway, since kites were invented by the Chinese some eons ago I did not feel in the wrong.

Trina

To: TbyTrina  (14 of 15) 
 69204.14 in reply to 69204.13 
Trina,

In your case, it wouldn't have mattered if the Chinese were credited with inventing kites or not. Simply posting what you made violates no rules/rights, ethically or legally.

OTOH, claiming you invented kites might. :)

Desiree
Prez & Co-Founder, South Bay Polymer Clay Guild

To view my polymer clay galleries and lessons, you're invited to visit my website:
http://desiredcreations.com

To: desireem1  (15 of 15) 
 69204.15 in reply to 69204.14 

Well, it did make an impression on me!

T

First Discussion>>

Navigate this discussion: 1-9 10-15
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.