Questions/POLLS/Mentors Topic -  need source: gold stamping ink for clay  (410 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: Ladyartist05  (11 of 16) 
 69457.11 in reply to 69457.10 

If rubber stamping polymer clay I use Paulette Hybrid stamp Ink by Stuart Superior Corporation. The ink stays very well on polymer clay, baked polymer clay, and keeps it's good colors. I like to buy the inks and sets of four colors that are collected by the company and assigned to a specific artist.

I have most of the four color "Artist" sets. They are small and can be left open when inking as they do not dry out quickly.

http://www.stewartsuperior.com/ink-pads/palette-hybrid-ink/32-palette-hybrid-cube-packs

For example the Escher palette has these colors; New Canvas, Burnt Number, Charcoal, Noir. There website does not sell the inks but they do have a list of dealers who sell the ink.My favorite color of these four is New Canvas. It is a pale ivory color and looks good on dark clay.

None of these colors are metallic but they are excellent when I'd like to add detail to a project.

Reply   Options 

To: Claylady43 (Penni_Jo)  (12 of 16) 
 69457.12 in reply to 69457.11 

Thanks for the info.  Sounds like a great product.

To: Claylady43 (Penni_Jo)  (13 of 16) 
 69457.13 in reply to 69457.11 

So, where do you buy them as that website does not appear to be a sales site for individuals?

The Palette brand does come in Metallics according to their list.

To: Ladyartist05 unread  (14 of 16) 
 69457.14 in reply to 69457.13 

I'm not sure how I got the dealer but I may have contacted them or found a dealer list. It's been a long time. Here is the email address:

sales@stewartsuperior.com

Yes, they do have a metallic but I did not mention it as I have not personally tried it on baked polymer clay.  If you find the metallic it would be good to know how it performs on clay.

I began using this particular ink as at the time I was making the clear stamps that are created using light. Because strong alcohol inks destroy the clear stamps I found this brand in a desperate hunt to keep my original stamps from being destroyed.
Good luck on your hunt for a dealer and if you find one please let us know. Thank you.

To: Ladyartist05 unread  (15 of 16) 
 69457.15 in reply to 69457.12 

I rubber stamped the brown outlines onto a cabochon with a low dome. When dry, I used Walnut Hollow colored pencils and colored all of the features. When the stamped illustration was completely colored I put a very thin layer of  liquid polymer clay over the face and baked it. Next I used tiny flower and leaf canes and embellished the colored design. It was baked again, lightly sanded and varnished using a polymer clay friendly varnished high-gloss.

To: Melody01 unread  (16 of 16) 
 69457.16 in reply to 69457.7 

One of the best things about the Inka Gold products is that they are water-soluble. If they dry out you just moisten them with water after sticking a bunch of holes in the clump with a toothpick. Don't get it too wet  it because it can mold.

First Discussion>>

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-16
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.