BreakRoom/Almost Anything Goes -  eBay's insurance doesn't cover shipping  (39 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 4) 

BEWARE: eBay's new ShipCover insurance only covers the merchandise. The coverage does not offer reimbursement of the shipping costs. Not all eBay sellers use this insurance, but be forwarned to ask.

I paid $23 shipping/insurance on a $150 convection oven that arrived damaged. They refunded only the $150, though very quickly , I must admit. I'm bummed. The USPS told me this morning that THEY do refund the shipping portion of a damaged shipment if the insurance is purchased through them, but I have read online that it's a BIG hassle and can take a long time. If I'm going to purchase any more high ticket items like Farberware convection ovens, I'm going to specify that it must be shipped UPS.

Anita in AZ
http://MelodyODesigns.artfire.com/
www.melobeau.blogspot.com/
www.flickr.com/photos/melobeau/

• Edited 5/16/2012 2:37 pm by Melody01

Reply   Options 

To: Melody01  (2 of 4) 
 69483.2 in reply to 69483.1 
Wow, Anita.  Sorry to read about your shipping woes, but grateful for the info that you supplied.

Hugs,
Sharon

To: Melody01  (3 of 4) 
 69483.3 in reply to 69483.1 
USPS insurance claims are a pain and can take up to 90 days.

To: Terry Morris (tmorris91)  (4 of 4) 
 69483.4 in reply to 69483.3 

<<USPS insurance claims are a pain and can take up to 90 days.>>

Hi Terri, Thanks for the validation on my impression of the USPS insurance claim service. I'll definitely specify UPS next time! :-)

Anita in AZ
http://MelodyODesigns.artfire.com/
www.melobeau.blogspot.com/
www.flickr.com/photos/melobeau/

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.