The Southern Connecticut Polymer Clay Guild is pleased to announce our eighth retreat: Clay ConneCTion 2012
Join us for an inspiring, relaxing, long weekend with informal demonstrations and plenty of sharing and learning in an open studio setting. We welcome polymer clay enthusiasts of all skill levels.
DATE: Thursday, July 26 through Sunday July 29, 2012
PLACE: Clay ConneCTion 2012 will be held at Connecticut College in New London, CT
Work area: a large, air-conditioned area with good general lighting. Each attendee is provided with a full 6 foot worktable in our large air-conditioned work room. Demonstrations will be held in a separate room. Polymer Clay Express will be there with a small store of polymer clay supplies.
Sleeping accommodations are in air-conditioned, handicapped accessible dormitories with elevators (single rooms unless specially requested).
Meals will be served in the dining hall. Meals are included from Thursday dinner through Sunday. Please note on your registration form if you have any special dietary requirements.
TIME: On-site registration opens Thursday, July 26 at Noon and check out is Sunday, July 29 at 3:00 pm
COST: Full Package (includes space in the work room, all meals, plus a room in the dorm, linens are provided by the college)
• Thursday – Sunday: $340 single or double occupancy
• Friday – Sunday: $270 single or double occupancy
Commuter (includes space in the work room and all meals):
• Thursday – Sunday: $210
• Friday – Sunday: $180
SCPCG Members please deduct $10.
Registration: Limited to 70 people, closes June 25.
WHAT TO EXPECT: A relaxing, inspiring weekend filled with fun, friendship and all things polymer clay. Set up your tools and play. Feel the creative spirit. It doesn’t matter if this is your first retreat or you’ve come to them all, the atmosphere is friendly, welcoming and sharing. Create, relax, play, share, learn, shop and have fun!
- Retreat Souvenir – free t-shirt with your registration.
- Massage Therapist available for extra pampering. Additional fee payable on site.
- Tile Swap – Bring 2 one inch polymer clay tiles you’ve made to be included in a pair ofbeautiful mosaic pieces. One piece will be raffled off to a participant and the other mosaic will be included in the Guild’s Traveling Exhibit.
- Thursday Evening: Welcome Reception ”Wear Your Work” - wine, beer & soft drinks provided. Wear your work or a piece by one of your favorite polymer clay artists! Let’s show off our beautiful work while meeting and catching up with the other artist attendees.
- Ongoing: Demonstrations of a variety of techniques will be held throughout the weekend, freely given by many of the retreat attendees. Demonstrations generally cover a wide range of techniques, from beginner to advanced. Please consider giving a demo!
- Friday Afternoon: Used Book & Video Sale to benefit the Polymer Collection Acquisition Fund at the Racine Art Museum. Help us support RAM’s commitment to polymer by donating your used craft books, videos and dvds. Add to your personal craft library by shopping.
- Friday evening: We have not planned any special events for Friday evening to give you the option to leave campus and try out one of the many great restaurants in the area or perhaps visit nearby Mohegan Sun Casino. Or you can stick around and continue to play with clay!
- Saturday Afternoon: The Auction – donations to be provided by a variety of polymer clay artists. There is always an array of amazing items. Please consider donating something to the auction.
- Saturday Evening: Left Center Right Poker, a simple passing game using polymer clay poker chips (make 3 per game, 9 at the most). A simple and silly game. Adult beverages will be provided for those who are interested.
- Sunday: Bottles of Hope Challenge – Bottles will be available throughout the weekend. Help us with our ongoing project and make a bottle or two or more. If you’d like, please enter your bottles in our fun Bottles of Hope Challenge. There will be ribbons awarded in a variety of fun and creative categories. Bottles will be distributed to area cancer patients after the retreat.
- And more! We are still planning.