BreakRoom/Almost Anything Goes -  HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY !! (72 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 4) 

Happy Independence Day and a salute to all the brave military persons past and present that have spent their time and lives making us an independent nation and preserving it.   THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

MK Ozarks

Reply   Options 

To: MaryKay71  (2 of 4) 
 69629.2 in reply to 69629.1 
A big fat DITTO!  :D  I just read some where that somebody said, "America is the land of the free, BECAUSE of the brave."  How true.

Click to Visit My Shops
  • Edited 7/4/2012 3:58 pm by Moe2647

To: Moe2647 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 4) 
 69629.3 in reply to 69629.2 

It is.    My next door neighbor is one of the few survivors of Wake Island.  He was only there a few weeks when he was captured and spent the rest of the war in prison camps.  I spoke with Mr. Leong, who is famous for his Cashew Chicken dish, and he told me about landing on the beach at Normandy and fighting his was east from there.  He had come from China only a year before, but wanted to fight for his new country.  I'll bet there are many, many other similar stories out there.  God bless them!!!!!!

MK Ozarks

• Edited 7/4/2012 4:37 pm by MaryKay71

To: MaryKay71  (4 of 4) 
 69629.4 in reply to 69629.3 
There are.  One of my old drinking buddied fought on Peleliu.  It's great hearing his stories.

Click to Visit My Shops

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.