Guild/Show/Conventions/classes -  CraftArtEdu classes no longer expire (187 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 9) 
That was a big issue for me when CraftArtEdu classes first started.  Today, I was able to rewatch the class I took in 2010. 

I rewatch my videos/DVDs whenever I want to review techniques. It is surprising how much I forget.  I have the same problem when I took workshops.  I try to absorb everything, but it doesn't stay with me.  Even my notes don't help enough.

One of my favorite techniques is mokume gane taught by Lindley Haunani on her Tantalizing Translucents tape.  I made some beautiful pieces (circa 1998).  Later I tried to duplicate them from memory. I created some of the most awful pieces imaginable.  I rewatched the tape and realized where I was going wrong.

I just bought the Polymer Micro Knitting class with Judy Belcher from CraftArtEdu.  I have been working with clay long enough that I can often figure out the basic procedure by myself, but not with Judy's class. I am really impressed with this technique.

I don't live near any places to take workshops.  I lucked out in the past.  I was able to take workshops from Mike Buesseler, Sarah Shriver, Lynne Schwarzenberg and Lisa Pavelka but I haven't found any workshops since.

Now that CraftArtEdu has lifted the time restriction, my charge card and I are going hunting for more classes.  I am very excited.

Reply   Options 

To: LeonardaAnn  (2 of 9) 
 69739.2 in reply to 69739.1 
that is good news

To: SparkleBe3  (3 of 9) 
 69739.3 in reply to 69739.2 

I now have 10 classes in my WishList. The ones I want to take most are $60 and $65...sigh....but I think I will start out with the cheaper ones.

I also want to check out Just Polymer Clay Tutorials - For Sale Or Free that Tonja has created.  I get e-mails about tutorials that look interesting but I am not sure how to access them.  I think that it is connected to Facebook, which is still somewhat of a mystery to me.

• Edited 8/16/2012 5:19 pm by LeonardaAnn

To: LeonardaAnn  (4 of 9) 
 69739.4 in reply to 69739.1 

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the info. The time restriction was the main reason I never bought any of the classes. Is that Tantilizing Translucents class still available?

Thanks, Jay

To: LeonardaAnn  (5 of 9) 
 69739.5 in reply to 69739.1 

I wonder if that will apply to classes that we already own. I bought the denim class a little over a year ago and was wishing I could watch it again.

MK Ozarks

To: clayjay  (6 of 9) 
 69739.6 in reply to 69739.4 

Originally, I did buy one class and tried to suck up all the information in it, but it takes a lot of the fun out that way.  This is so much more relaxing.

The only class Lindley Haunani has on CraftArtEdu right now is Rainbow Ikat.  The Tantalizing Translucents is a DVD.  Polymer Clay Express carries it.  I don't know who else does but I checked to see if it is still available from somewhere.

To: MaryKay71  (7 of 9) 
 69739.7 in reply to 69739.5 

You should be able to access the old class.

When I went to my account, I was able to view the class I bought in 2010.   I read somewhere on their website that even the classes that "expired" were now available for viewing. 

I contacted customer service to find out how long the time period was, since I couldn't find any reference to timing on their website. 

She said:

Just log in to your CraftArtEdu account with the email and password you used to purchase your class. You will then be on My Dashboard page and under My Class Library is a listing of your class purchases. They will always be available for you there and just click on View Class to access the class.

To: LeonardaAnn  (8 of 9) 
 69739.8 in reply to 69739.1 
wow. this is VERY good news. the timing out for classes was one of the main reasons i never reapplied after my first set. looks like i just might wander back over there. thanks for the update.

To: sunni (sunnisan)  (9 of 9) 
 69739.9 in reply to 69739.8 
I have signed up for three classes so far.  I watched the very first one (when there was still a time limit) three times trying to absorb everything.  This is a lot more relaxing.  I can go back and look at the class when I am working on a project using the technique.

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.