Sculpture and Miniatures -  Why so quiet here? Some new work of mine (129 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 12) 
Hi, every once in a while I get an email from PCC so I pop in and see what I've missed. Sadly, nothing in my favorite category in almost a whole year! I know I will see great work in the others of course but what a surprise that this section has pretty much fallen off the map. 

I'm still making fairies - steampunk fairies, roller derby fairies, pixies and I will be making another steampunk mermaid soon :)

Here's some recent pix and a few not-so-recent (don't remember the last time I popped in!)...

Customized Roller Derby Fairies

Poseable Pixie

Steampunk Mermaid

18" Severus Snape 

Reply   Options 

To: EnchantedWhimsies (joanna_pcc)  (2 of 12) 
 70133.2 in reply to 70133.1 

Hi Enchanted Joanna. Super work! I especially like the roller derby fairy with the yellow tights. I think we have lost a lot of members here to FB and other social media. Such a shame.

Anita in AZ
http://www.MelodyODesigns.artfire.com/
http://www.etsy.com/shop/melodyodesigns/
http://www.melobeau.blogspot.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/melobeau/

• Edited 1/4/2013 3:46 pm by Melody01

To: Melody01  (3 of 12) 
 70133.3 in reply to 70133.2 
thanks. Oh well, most of the forums that used to be so active are like that now. 

To: EnchantedWhimsies (joanna_pcc)  (4 of 12) 
 70133.4 in reply to 70133.1 

Absolutely Breathtaking! Love all of them. Especially the one in the yellow tights.

Kari

To: EnchantedWhimsies (joanna_pcc)  (5 of 12) 
 70133.5 in reply to 70133.1 

Fell in love with roller derby fairies. I am not into fairies but those won my heart. Bravo1

To: EnchantedWhimsies (joanna_pcc)  (6 of 12) 
 70133.6 in reply to 70133.1 
Well ... hello there! I did not know that you are also on PCC. I "follow" you through FB and I totally love your sculpts.
I think that's what the problem currently is: a lot of people are more active on FB than on forums (I know I was for quite a while), but PCC is making it's comeback in my book.

I've been wondering ever since I started following you on FB and now I've decided to just boldly ask: what brand of clay do you use for your sculpts? Do you mind sharing that secret with me/us?

To: EnchantedWhimsies (joanna_pcc)  (7 of 12) 
 70133.7 in reply to 70133.1 
Wow! Love your steampunk mermaid. The tail especially is just beautiful!

To: crafts4joy DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 12) 
 70133.8 in reply to 70133.6 

crafts4joy says:
Well ... hello there! I did not know that you are also on PCC. I "follow" you through FB and I totally love your sculpts. I think that's what the problem currently is: a lot of people are more active on FB than on forums (I know I was for quite a while), but PCC is making it's comeback in my book. I've been wondering ever since I started following you on FB and now I've decided to just boldly ask: what brand of clay do you use for your sculpts? Do you mind sharing that secret with me/us?

Hi, yes I was active on PCC years ago. i just checked my profile and it says I joined in 2006. I just updated my email and made a new nickname. I used to do swaps on here and it was a very active community. I remember some of the regular contributors from back then, I wonder if any are still around here... I do see people from other forums on facebook and ebay. As I became more interested in exclusively sculpting figures I moved away from forums that focused more on other areas of polymer clay art. I do love to check in every so often though!

It's no secret I'm a fan of Prosculpt clay from Jack Johnson. I am really lazy when it comes to prep! I don't want to do a lot of conditioning or blending or leaching oil from the clay. Prosculpt is the perfect color and consistency for me and I've been using it exclusively quite a few years already. i do like a few Premo colors for effects sometimes but that's it. I have lots of Fimo and Sculpey from my bead making days, I have Cernit and Puppen Fimo from early doll making experiments but I lovvee my Prosculpt!

Say "hi" on Facebook so I make the connection and thanks for following me over there :)

To: gilladian  (9 of 12) 
 70133.9 in reply to 70133.7 
gilladian says:
Wow! Love your steampunk mermaid. The tail especially is just beautiful!
Thank you! I loved making that tail and I am planning another Steampunk Mermaid soon :)

To: klcrist  (10 of 12) 
 70133.10 in reply to 70133.4 
klcrist says:
Absolutely Breathtaking! Love all of them. Especially the one in the yellow tights. Kari
Thanks Kari :D 

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-12
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.