Techniques/Lessons/Projects -  Floating Rings (163 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 6) 
Has anyone seen the new "floating rings" on Etsy?  They look like a can floating in midair pouring beer/soda into a glass.  I want to know how to do this and I can't figure it out.  The only thing I can come up with is resin colored to look like the liquid connecting the can to the glass or some type of really stiff illusion cord.  Has anyone seen these and/or know how they make them?  Please tell and I will give you my first born, she is 25 and may not go willingly, but I'll try, lol.

Reply   Options 

To: aburgess566  (2 of 6) 
 70346.2 in reply to 70346.1 
i'm assuming you're talking about something like this - 

kit to make them.  i'm sure you could use this to make other styles too.

From: kathy47 (kth47) DelphiPlus Member Icon3/4/13 4:06 PM 
To: aburgess566  (3 of 6) 
 70346.3 in reply to 70346.1 

To: bigKERM  (4 of 6) 
 70346.4 in reply to 70346.2 
Yes exactly what I mean.  Do you know how they do it or do I have to but a kit to find out?

To: aburgess566 unread  (5 of 6) 
 70346.5 in reply to 70346.4 
i've never made one or even seen one in person.  i know there is some kind of pump involved though.  and there is a pipe running up through the middle of the water.

I'm sure if you google, you can find all kinds of videos on how to make them.  

To: aburgess566 unread  (6 of 6) 
 70346.6 in reply to 70346.4 

OK, the watering can is a fountain, not a ring. Totally different scale. The ring shown in the other link is solid, probably resin, nothing (currently) wet.

The fountain has a glass or lucite tube and a pump. The water is pumped up in the clear pipe and overflows down the outside of the pipe so you can't really see that is solid, not just a stream of water. The faucet is separately attached and doesn't work -- just part of the illusion.

An acquarium pump, the tube, and some craftiness would probably be the key components to making these. They are a long-time magician's prop, so maybe you can find instructions if you look from that standpoint.

Sherry Bailey

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.