Techniques/Lessons/Projects -  looking for a waterproof high gloss  (101 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 4) 
I need a waterproof high gloss finish for pc mushrooms at a reasonable price, any suggestions?

Reply   Options 

To: fairysmall  (2 of 4) 
 70380.2 in reply to 70380.1 
Waterbased, indoor formula rustoleum varathane or minwax polycrilic are two options. You can find them where they sell wall paints - I get mine at Home Depot or Walmart. Good price, nice gloss, works really well.

Elaine

To: fairysmall unread  (3 of 4) 
 70380.3 in reply to 70380.1 

I like the Varathane Polyurathane that is sold at home depot. But make sure you heat set it at 200 degrees for about 10 minutes - helps to bind it to the clay.

Kari

To: fairysmall unread  (4 of 4) 
 70380.4 in reply to 70380.1 
Or you can go all out with resin. I love Pavelka's Magic Glos (not everyone does). Cures in 10 minutes and you don't have to make a dome. If you just use it as a finish, a little goes a long way. I buy it with a half off coupon and find it pretty affordable. Water-based varathane is cheaper, but I'm thinking that if you're putting these into a water environment and want to make sure they're sealed, resin might be the better choice.

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.