TIPS, TRICKS and TIDBITS -  new way to sand?? (305 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Parymdk DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host3/18/13 10:40 AM 
To: All  (1 of 9) 
soooo, I got this wonderful little tool to work on my rough heels. It spins, a full curcle as opposed to back and forth like a toothbrush with sand paper on it. (Not to say that Eva's toothbrush trick isn't good....especially for small pieces) This gadget comes WITH sand paper...fine sand paper, but also a rougher plate for rougher spots. I will no longer be using this one my feet but on my clay.

oh...I should probably TELL you what this is eh? it is called the "Pedi-spin" and here is a link to a picture. http://doesitreallywork.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Does-the-Pedi-Spin-work.jpg

brilliant I say brilliant. and now, I am back to unpacking and putting things away in the studio so I can clay. Tons of ideas "spinning" in my head from Synergy

Dragonsglass.com
Creative Arts of the Soul

My Flickr Site

Reply   Options 

To: Parymdk DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 9) 
 70385.2 in reply to 70385.1 

That sounds great. Where did you get it? How does the sandpaper attach to the unit?

Jay

From: Parymdk DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host3/18/13 8:25 PM 
To: clayjay  (3 of 9) 
 70385.3 in reply to 70385.2 
I got it online but I think Bed, Bath, and be blond...er Beyond has them. the finish sandpaper looks to attach with a sticky back. haven't burned through one yet to replace it so I don't really know.

Dragonsglass.com

My Flickr Site

To: Parymdk DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 9) 
 70385.4 in reply to 70385.3 

Thanks for answering. I did a search on the internet and found that it is available many places. Walmart,Walgreens, BBB, and Amazon. The reviews were mixed from very good to very bad for feet, the intended use. However, almost all indicated that only light pressure can be used or it will stop. They also stated that reading the instructions was very important. Duh...It will be interesting to see how yours works for clay. If it doesn't, you can always go back to feet.

Hope it works,

Jay

From: Parymdk DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host3/18/13 11:42 PM 
To: clayjay  (5 of 9) 
 70385.5 in reply to 70385.4 
I used it today on a rather rough picture frame. I didn't spend a ton of time on it as I did want some of the roughness left. it was sweet! yeah, pressing harder didn't work so well but it sanded off stuff nicely if I was patient. I am thinking it will be awesome for larger pieces to knock the big stuff off. I will get some pictures posted soon. Am recovering from Synergy and jet lag.

Dragonsglass.com

My Flickr Site

To: Parymdk DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 9) 
 70385.6 in reply to 70385.5 

Glad it works for you. Actually you don't want to use too pressure on clay, so that might be just the ticket.

Synergy?...man do I envy you.

Jay

From: Parymdk DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host3/19/13 10:16 AM 
To: clayjay  (7 of 9) 
 70385.7 in reply to 70385.6 
Synergy was an awesome experience, especially at the banquet where Nan Roche, Lindly, and Kathleen Dustin spoke about the beginnings of the IPCA. Meeting some artist whos work I have drooled over and meeting Facebook friends from over seas were the highlights of it all. Of course the seminars rocked. This will most likely be the one and only Synergy I attend so I am soaking in the memories. I am hoping to get enough brain power to write up a blog post on it.

Dragonsglass.com

My Flickr Site

To: Parymdk DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 9) 
 70385.8 in reply to 70385.7 
I am looking forward to that blog post Kathi... I would love to hear all about Synergy.  Why will this be your "one and only"?  If I ever get to attend one I was lookiing forward to meeting you..

Beej

From: Parymdk DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host3/29/13 9:52 AM 
To: AuntGriz  (9 of 9) 
 70385.9 in reply to 70385.8 
well....for some reason the internet minions have decided I do not need to be able to access my blog. crazy. SO, until the geek gurus of my web host figure out what the issue is.....you will have to wait. sowwy Beej!

Dragonsglass.com

My Flickr Site

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | Membership Plans
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.